Ask QCF a question

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Ask QCF a question

Postby neongrey on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Here's a variant... if there's a cost associated with the Android verion, are you going to make us pay again if we've already paid for the PC version? (She asks cheekily, not really unwilling to pay again but feeling cheap today)
neongrey

Postby johndramey on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 am

Hey there QCF team. I was just wondering about the possibility of more of your super awesome "Desktop Dungeons Exclusive Edition" pre-orders going up? I've already pre-ordered the Special edition, but since I've put so many freaking hours into the freeware game I would love to get in on the $75 love. An actual mention in the game would be so boner inducing I think I would pass out from lack of blood circulation. So... How about it?
johndramey

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:45 pm

Drew wrote:What are the differences between the E3 Demo and the full version? ( I can name a lot, but I wanna see if I missed anything )

The E3 demo was us showing off a work in progress for a specific reason, much like the GDC demo that we had running on the show floor there too. There's a lot missing and a lot that we purposefully cut out in order to streamline things: Sound wasn't important on a noisy floor, progression isn't something you want to give people (otherwise they hog the demo machine), there are still graphics and menus and quests and dungeons and things missing because we haven't finished them yet.

Jedit wrote:Any chance of including a voucher for the iOS or Android version of the game with the Special Edition? (He asks cheekily, having already ordered the SE.)

From what I can tell, we only get a very limited amount of vouchers for distribution on iOS and people tend to use those for press copies. The mobile versions are still going to be a chunk of work for us, it's just going to be easier than rewriting everything again. So we'll probably charge for the game on mobile devices because it's taking time to make it work there. I don't think we'll charge the same amount as the PC/Mac versions, but we'll probably still charge more than the race-to-the-bottom 99c.

neongrey wrote:Here's a variant... if there's a cost associated with the Android verion, are you going to make us pay again if we've already paid for the PC version? (She asks cheekily, not really unwilling to pay again but feeling cheap today)

See above answer... In all likelihood, yes. Although you should still have access to the same Kingdom.

johndramey wrote:Hey there QCF team. I was just wondering about the possibility of more of your super awesome "Desktop Dungeons Exclusive Edition" pre-orders going up? I've already pre-ordered the Special edition, but since I've put so many freaking hours into the freeware game I would love to get in on the $75 love. An actual mention in the game would be so boner inducing I think I would pass out from lack of blood circulation. So... How about it?

We get asked this a lot. We probably won't start offering mentions buyable in bulk again (lol, 20 isn't a lot - unless you're the ones doing the mentioning) but we might offer limited auctions or something similar.
dislekcia

Postby johndramey on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:56 pm

dislekcia wrote:
Drew wrote:We get asked this a lot. We probably won't start offering mentions buyable in bulk again (lol, 20 isn't a lot - unless you're the ones doing the mentioning) but we might offer limited auctions or something similar.

Ooops, sorry. Didn't think that had been asked before. I did only a cursory search of the forums though. Thanks for the response, and I totally understand. It would be a huge pain in the butt to actually work 20 mentions into the game, let alone more. I'm sure you would have no shortage of people taking up the offer though, so if you need more money you know how to get it :)
johndramey

Postby bkteer on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am

Just wanted to confirm a few things with you guys

Will all the bonus classes be in the commercial game?
Will all the special races including the 4th special race unlocked from boss hive be in the commercial game?
Are there going to be more classes and special races in the commercial game?

Apart from this, kudos to making such a wonderful game.
bkteer

Postby zeemeerman2 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

• How will the commercial game handle multiple accounts?
  • And will the account data be transferable to different PCs/Macs? (Right now, I am able to copy the .sav-file in the folder .../Desktop Dungeons/chardata (Windows: ...\Desktop Dungeons\chardata) to another computer with Desktop Dungeons, so I don't lose any progress made before. I know it's not perfectly synced and all.. But it does its job.)
  • Will the account be game account (from the purchase) differ from the forum login? Or could it possibly be synced so you can login the game with your forum login, or the other way around; so you only have to keep track of one account instead of two?
  • Lastly, I saw the power of the Unity browser in the demo. Will there be an online version of the commercial version (where you might have to login to a paid account to play), so Linux/BSD/Wii U/PS3/XBOX 360/etc... users can play via their web browser?
zeemeerman2

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:12 am

bkteer wrote:Just wanted to confirm a few things with you guys

Will all the bonus classes be in the commercial game?
Will all the special races including the 4th special race unlocked from boss hive be in the commercial game?
Are there going to be more classes and special races in the commercial game?

Apart from this, kudos to making such a wonderful game.

So far, yes, the bonus classes will be in the full game, as will the monster-classes. We do reserve the right to rebalance them though. If we feel that a particular class/race idea isn't working, we'll keep worrying at it. Anyone remember the Alchemist?

zeemeerman2 wrote:
  • How will the commercial game handle multiple accounts?
  • And will the account data be transferable to different PCs/Macs? (Right now, I am able to copy the .sav-file in the folder .../Desktop Dungeons/chardata (Windows: ...\Desktop Dungeons\chardata) to another computer with Desktop Dungeons, so I don't lose any progress made before. I know it's not perfectly synced and all.. But it does its job.)
  • Will the account be game account (from the purchase) differ from the forum login? Or could it possibly be synced so you can login the game with your forum login, or the other way around; so you only have to keep track of one account instead of two?
  • Lastly, I saw the power of the Unity browser in the demo. Will there be an online version of the commercial version (where you might have to login to a paid account to play), so Linux/BSD/Wii U/PS3/XBOX 360/etc... users can play via their web browser?

-The game already has profiles all stored on your single account on our server.
-You should be able to pull down account data on any machine that's connected to the net.
-Yes, the forums will probably be completely isolated from the game accounts. Linking the two is just rather dangerous.
-Yup. You should be able to play the game from your browser. However, the OS that it works on depends on the plugins that Unity produces.
dislekcia

Postby TigerKnee on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:45 am

dislekcia wrote:-The game already has profiles all stored on your single account on our server.
-You should be able to pull down account data on any machine that's connected to the net.

Is this an optional feature? I will be quite unhappy if I'm forced to connect online to play a single-player game (especially if I'm using a laptop, which usually means I have no access to the internet)
TigerKnee

Postby dislekcia on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 pm

TigerKnee wrote:Is this an optional feature? I will be quite unhappy if I'm forced to connect online to play a single-player game (especially if I'm using a laptop, which usually means I have no access to the internet)

You're going to need to go online at least once to auth. After that the game will save local data if it can't get online.
dislekcia

Postby zeemeerman2 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:49 pm

If all is connected to the interwebs, it leads me to the next question (this Ask QCF a question thread is really effective! ^^):
- Multiple profiles and names on accounts:
Are you able to name a profile the same on two accounts? (like account the account of dislekcia and the account of zeemeerman2 have both a profile named "Hello world") If so, I can understand for purposes of offline play, where you can't always check name availability. But the other way around, for online high score ranking purposes, you might not want to take the same name. Otherwise it might get confusing when looked up. "Now which of them is MY score? Hello world 2350 points or Hello world 2450 points, which was it? I only played once, that's true." Sorry if I'm not clear, but do you understand what I'm saying?

- How is your stance on account sharing (e.g. can I share my account with my little brother, etc... For a matter of comparison; Blizzard from World of Warcraft says this: "Our Terms of Use prohibits the sharing of accounts except in the situation where a parent or guardian authorizes access to one child." Source: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=20576)
zeemeerman2

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons