[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Exclusive Subletting

Exclusive Subletting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Exclusive Subletting

Postby Lagmalix on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Lagmalix

Postby Kevin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 pm

Kevin

Postby Summerwine on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 pm

Strength potions are small change at this point. Apparently Crusaders can get above 100% momentum with Pisorf now. Gaan Talet is a lot more doable when you're rocking 2000 damage a hit. :shock:

... At least until you get to the living armor room. :cry:
Summerwine

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Ugh, GG has gone back to punishing higher level kills again.

Devs, there are exactly two ways to use GG in his current setup:
1) convert in with 100 piety, purchase humility and absolution, convert a few items/glyphs, then convert out.
2) convert in after using all your potions for some last minute protection in the boss fight

That the first approach is at all viable speaks to just how overpowered humility and absolution are, and just how underpowered GG is otherwise in the current setup.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 pm

The combination of Strength potions not expiring and the new buff to knockback makes Half-Dragons very, very silly.

Just thought I'd throw that out :)
gjaustin

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 pm

Strength pots not expiring is silly in itself. If you really need to walk through a particular vicious dungeon this is the update to do it :P
Joist

Postby Darvin on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Having played around a bit with the new XP gain system, I'd have to say it hasn't changed general gameplay. It's increased difficulty, since you're earning less XP, but the goal of maximizing your bonus XP and leaving as much popcorn as possible hasn't changed at all. I tend to agree with what others have stated; if you want us to fight equal-level monsters, you need to put bonus XP on them. As it stands equal-level monsters are quite simply the worst opponents to fight; among the monsters that give no bonus XP, they're the strongest on the board at any given time, which is why we avoid them.

I will say that Tikki Tooki took a massive stealth buff this version. The new crystal ball gives us an in-dungeon gold sink that can actually absorb the income you can earn from this god, and Tikki's Edge is more potent than ever now that it's harder to earn bonus XP.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Wait, what's the change to knockback? I get that the PISORF change (60% through walls, 50% to both monsters when they collide) but how does that affect knockback?

Are you saying if you kill a monster with PISORF as a crusader, you can get above the 100% momentum cap?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Mister Bile on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Yup, once you get to 100%, just use PISORF to kill a monster, and the results are... amazing.

At least now I know what the damage meter looks like when the numbers roll over.
Mister Bile

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:42 pm

:shock:

I can't wait to get home now.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons