[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Exclusive Subletting

Exclusive Subletting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Exclusive Subletting

Postby unentschieden on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:02 am

WONAFYT will be good when what it does is desirable: fighting equal level monsters. There are lots of times when you look for certain monsters - but when would WONAFYT actually grab thouse?
unentschieden

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:20 am

Is there any way to fill out all the class challenges at the minute or will we have to wait for the quests to be added?
Joist

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:03 am

Wait, a Berserker NERF? Those guys were already kind of one dimensional with an almost crippling penalty.
TigerKnee

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:14 am

Hey class specific stuff! I was waiting for more of those, the class specific quest lines are my favorite. Here's hoping they steer you towards different strats.

Has anyone figured out how they work, or do you have to start a new profile from scratch?
Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:29 am

Ugh, I'm in Colorado, miles away from my computer.

Do they have bronze, silver, and gold level challenges? That would be beast. They're kind of like puzzles to teach people about it. Bronze is an intro, silver is a time to try it in a normalish dungeon, and Gold is a challenge that forces you to really work with the class.

Any ideas on the new EXP system? Is there less bonus EXP? Wouldn't that mean you have to focus even more on higher level kills?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby CunningGabe on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:54 am

I think the new bonus xp formula is n*(n-1) + 1, where n is how many levels higher than you the monster is. (It used to be n*(n+1)). In other words:

1 -> 1
2 -> 3
3 -> 7
4 -> 13
5 -> 21
etc
CunningGabe

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:28 am

Joist

Postby Aldo13 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:28 am

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but since this update, my mana potions, schadenfreude potions, and CYDSTEPP glyphs haven't been working. The potions do nothing on consumption, as for the glyph, it uses the mana, and I can't reactivate it afterwords, but I don't see any buff, combat calculation never says "barely alive", and I do end up dying.

It's quite the problem not being able to use mana potions...
Aldo13

Postby Joist on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:34 am

Yep, mana doesn't work for me either, haven't tested the others.

Looks like PISORF got super buffed, looks to be super useful in Naga City where the bosses are squished up together.

Joist

Postby Fran on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:16 am

Mana Potions are working for the bloodmage, at least for me.

I like the concept of class challenges a lot. Would it be possible to also get a little buff for the class for completing the gold level? Something like a permanent booster (health/attack bonus/ MP) that fits the class?

I'm unsure about the lvl-curve. I guess it was designed in order to make it harder to do runs like the one avatar did with stheno where he killed him off at lvl 3 to reach lvl 6 with ease, effectively using the boss as lvl up ressource instead of monsters. I'd certainly appreciate if such runs wouldn't be doable, but I'm not sure if this change will steer it in the right direction.
Fran

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons