How much more will be added?

All things Desktop Dungeons

How much more will be added?

Postby DeAngelo on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm

OK, so I have a choice between this and 2 other games. I'm leaning towards this because I liked it in the GDC open beta, but I'm wondering if what was in the beta at that point is mostly what will be in the final game? I tend to lose interest in a game after I feel I've seen everything, so I'd hate to buy this and find out that the final version will just be a more polished/bug free version of what there is now. Thanks.
DeAngelo

Re: How much more will be added?

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Aside from the special edition content, there's every indication that what's here right now is mostly the final game. There will certainly not be any additional deities or glyphs, and it's very unlikely that there will be any additional classes or races. There might still be additional items or dungeons planned, and there's indication that additional quests are still planned, but only the devs can speak for that with any certainty.

What we do know is that development has yet to really begin in earnest on the puzzles, so those are still forthcoming.
Last edited by Darvin on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Seen everything or beaten everything. There's a huge difference. If you mean beaten everything, then it will take a lot longer than seeing everything.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby DeAngelo on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm

I meant seen. I know I haven't beaten everything. I wonder if this game will support mods. If it will than that would definitely sway me.
DeAngelo

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:36 pm

No definitive word on modding yet, but what the devs have said so far indicates most things in the game are hard-coded. I wouldn't hold out for anything more than user-made dungeons.
Darvin

Postby DeAngelo on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 am

Could someone point me to a list of all unlockable classes/races, and perhaps a screenshot of the world map when all dungeons are unlocked?
DeAngelo

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 am

The wiki is your best bet. Not sure if the dungeon list is complete, but at a glance it seems to have everything.

Classes
Races
Dungeons
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:06 am

Or this post. It's a little outdated, but it will serve you well.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1815&hilit=unlocking+stuff#p8154
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby harfatum on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:11 am

There will be at least one more class added, for the special edition purchasers. I thought I'd read of talks about another monster class as well, but no guarantees there.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:20 am

Hopefully...

And more quests will be added for other special edition publishers...

The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons