How much more will be added?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: How much more will be added?

Postby Fran on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 pm

There are already a number of people that have done this. Send dislekcia a pm about it / search the forums for a similiar topic ;)
Fran

Postby gjaustin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 am

I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people have upgraded to the special edition by emailing the devs.
gjaustin

Postby Kuranes on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 am

Fran wrote:There are already a number of people that have done this. Send dislekcia a pm about it / search the forums for a similiar topic ;)

And now I can sit around being moody since I bought the standard edition, then the special one! But sarcasm aside, glad to support this game. :)
"Which farm animal is featured prominently in Desktop Dungeons?" "Snakes"
Kuranes

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 pm

The Avatar wrote:Is there any way to make the mod system work like goomods? Their system have the best way of sharing mods I've seen.

Argh. Knew I'd regret saying that... First I'd have to figure out how to make modding even WORK with the event-based nature of the game and its generation systems. I can expose numbers to XML given a ton of work, but you couldn't do the sorts of things that people seem to want to change with a system like that. I spent some time at GDC talking to the guys from Gaslamp Games about moddable roguelike game mechanisms, oh the headaches.

Picotrain wrote:I bought the basic version. You should make it an option to be able to buy an upgrade to the special edition if one chooses to do so.

Yup, just reply to your receipt email and Aeq can take care of it :)

Joist wrote:
Picotrain wrote:I bought the basic version. You should make it an option to be able to buy an upgrade to the special edition if one chooses to do so.

I'd like to do this too.

See above!

Kuranes wrote:And now I can sit around being moody since I bought the standard edition, then the special one! But sarcasm aside, glad to support this game. :)

If you'd like to change your standard edition account to gift it to a friend, or just plain get a refund for the standard edition, PM me your details and I'll see what the system thinks you did to it ;) - Didn't I already offer something like this before? This sort of thing seems to happen a lot.
dislekcia

Postby Fran on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:52 pm

dislekcia wrote:
The Avatar wrote:Is there any way to make the mod system work like goomods? Their system have the best way of sharing mods I've seen.

Argh. Knew I'd regret saying that... First I'd have to figure out how to make modding even WORK with the event-based nature of the game and its generation systems. I can expose numbers to XML given a ton of work, but you couldn't do the sorts of things that people seem to want to change with a system like that. I spent some time at GDC talking to the guys from Gaslamp Games about moddable roguelike game mechanisms, oh the headaches.

Yup, just reply to your receipt email and Aeq can take care of it :)

Joist wrote:

I'd like to do this too.

See above!

Kuranes wrote:And now I can sit around being moody since I bought the standard edition, then the special one! But sarcasm aside, glad to support this game. :)

If you'd like to change your standard edition account to gift it to a friend, or just plain get a refund for the standard edition, PM me your details and I'll see what the system thinks you did to it ;) - Didn't I already offer something like this before? This sort of thing seems to happen a lot.

How about you make it a sticky thread on top so this can be resolved easily for all future cases?
Fran

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Yeah, I'd love to "upgrade" as well. :)
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

dislekcia wrote:

You could do a Kickstarter for mod support after the game releases. I know I would contribute.
gjaustin

Postby Joist on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:02 pm

What language are you guys using in unity? Can unity load a script from an external file? If so you could expose some basic functions and callbacks to a "level script" which handles level creation and gets event callbacks on attacks, exploration etc.
Joist

Postby DeAngelo on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 pm

Just a thought, but perhaps even if you don't plan to do mod support you could at least make the source code available to people who buy the game. Given enough of a rabid fanbase, modders are more than willing to deconstruct a game completely just to make their changes. I mean I guess making the source code available might not be a good idea if you're worried about someone trying to release Laptop Dungeons.
DeAngelo

Postby gjaustin on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Joist wrote:What language are you guys using in unity? Can unity load a script from an external file? If so you could expose some basic functions and callbacks to a "level script" which handles level creation and gets event callbacks on attacks, exploration etc.

I think they're doing C#. Based on the callstacks from the error messages, it definitely looks to me like a .NET language.

A major problem with mod support is that the Unity plug-in and iOS versions likely won't be allowed out of their sandboxes to access any files that easily. Even if they do add support, there's a decent chance it would only work on the PC/Mac and Android versions.
gjaustin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons