Buffs and Nerfs to Monsters

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Buffs and Nerfs to Monsters

Postby Gorgon on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

That's why I created that old thread about buffing gorgons... I think their HP should be doubled and their attack halved. Not even monks are subject to death gaze...
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:37 pm

I'd disagree on that one; Monks generally are the one class that actually do run into issues with Death Gaze.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Now that's a new idea. My suggestion would have been 75% death gaze, but that works much better, and it solves their serious problem with getting slaughtered at low levels. Although double hp might be a bit harsh. An 888 hp medusa would be a bi on the absolutely unfair side...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Summerwine on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:35 am

On this note, first strike feels a little unfair to me. I know you can get around it with Assassin or Slowing, which is all well and good, but it's kinda wierd that even if you're higher level and have first strike yourself the monster will always go first anyway. It's usually not dangerous unless the monster has a nasty debuff, but it does feel a little inconsistent.
Summerwine

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 am

I disagree for me it feels more like a challenge to work around.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons