[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Monk(y) Island

Monk(y) Island

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Monk(y) Island

Postby Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 am

Fran

Postby TigerKnee on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 am

Technically, it's a reference from Ultima first of all.
TigerKnee

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 am

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:08 am

That's how I use it too. I did name myself after the boss, and not the other way. I 100%ted the dungeon so I deserve it. I think.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Can you do the library with the vamp? I didn't do it when he was obviously broken and now I have only him left ;/. I haven't put much effort but he's really weak right now so dunno if it's doable.

Edit:
Mby, after the update it's easier since fortitude and burn salve don't have a cap anymore.
Lagmalix

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 pm

I haven't tried because I had an earlier Vamp win, but I'll look into it.

I don't really have a tight schedule, and I always have something to say. It's the best combo for a high post count.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby franz on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:28 am

Great changes, can't choose what I like most :)
Corrosion is imo one of those hard to balance mechanics, perhaps it should be linked to character level like burning? Putting a cap on it should limit the exploit, but maybe it would hurt low level assassins too much.
franz

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 am

Darvin

Postby Fran on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:46 am

Making the corrosion linked to being poisoned would work too, but I guess that would be too much of a hassle to implement.
I agree on the paladin, he really needs a buff concerning his monotheism. Or a Taurog Buff so that we can have walkable holy weapons of mass destruction, which would be even better :P

Also, grats on your 1000th post Darvin! Keep on going :)
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:34 pm

1000 posts! Congrats! Just keep posting and you'll reach me in no time! (Okay, maybe not ;))

I haven't even bothered playing the Paladin, he's pretty useless. Monotheism is more of a curse than a blessing. In addition to the 4 mp HALPMEH nerf awhile ago he has dropped considerably.

Anyone tried the new Transmuters? They look like they might be worth playing as a non-elf now.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons