Class Challenges List

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Class Challenges List

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 am

Yeah, I ran into the same problem. Interestingly enough they changed the silver one two! It has the normal slime pits meat man (1280 hp, 68 attack) fitted out with weakening. Both the silver and gold monks seem a bit excessive... The other two silvers weren't nearly as bad. Also, they changed the bloodmage. Some life Druid boss followed by Dracul's champion, who looks easy. He probably has multiple forms.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Mister Bile on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:45 am

I can't tell if I don't like the monk class challenges because of the bosses/difficulty/ect, or if I just plain don't like playing as the Monk. It's vexing, having to avoid magical enemies. Or weakening. Or corrosive. Or even a bandit. So... golem slapfights, anyone? I spend a lot of time hunting for enemies I can hit, regretting all the squares I used up looking for suitable foes, and hoping for fireball or items to “fix” the class features I just chose. Curse my marshmallow fists of death!

I like the Bloodmage, though. I enjoy the minigame of avoiding blood pools early on, to fuel regen-fighing later. Somehow, it feels more like I'm playing what the Monk's supposed to be. Sure, there are other ways to get saguine right now... but neither of the other options are all that great at the moment, between Dracnul's puny gains and the Vampire being hidden away.

Yeah, they don't exactly cry out “I'm all magey!” sometimes, especially when I convert BLOOD2POWA early on out of pique. But I still like the little scamp.

...as for the challenges themselves, while I do prefer the custom-built stuff, I find myself greeting even the regular dungeons with new bosses/minor twists with a cheer of "Yay! Something new!" I'm easy to please that way.
Mister Bile

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:57 am

The problem us there aren't minor twists. If there were it'd be fine. Changing the plants in Monk silver for example.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons