[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Last puzzle of the starter pack?

Last puzzle of the starter pack?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Last puzzle of the starter pack?

Postby DeAngelo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:32 pm

I finally decided to start doing puzzles, got through the starter pack fine until the last one. I tried dozens of times and I can't get it. I even looked it up on youtube and I do EXACTLY what they do and I still die. I pick up the IMAWAL glyph, petrify the goo, attack the gorgon once, get the message about death protection and it says carry on fighting, I attack again and use up my death protection. At this point in the video, that second attack kills the gorgon, but for me it still has a little heath left and when I attack again I die.

What am I doing wrong?
DeAngelo

Re: Last puzzle of the starter pack?

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:34 pm

gjaustin

Postby DeAngelo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

I do and it still kills me.
DeAngelo

Postby Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Converting won't do anything in this build as the game rounds your 0.5 damagebonus from the conversion down to 0.

You're not doing anything wrong here DeAngelo; the puzzle being unsolvable has something to do with the recent patches and rebalancing of the game, which happened quite a while after the video got on youtube.

It may be dissapointing, but that propably won't be fixed until the main game is balanced out (it would be too much of a hassle to adjust the puzzles over and over only to get them broken again by the next update).

Until then, I'd recommend playing the challenges instead, as they are super awesome. ;)
Last edited by Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 pm

gjaustin

Postby Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Vets complained about that monsters like gorgons and goats have low HP and are easy lvl-catapults...
I guess this could be a sideeffect of a possible readjusting of their HP value, at least something like that is mentioned in the changelog, too.

EDIT:
Looking at the video, the gorgon only has 10 HP in the old version, whereas now she has 13. May have been raised before this update, but the buff of her HP is definately the reason it's not beatable.
Fran

Postby DeAngelo on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 pm

I guess it would be too much to ask for a dev to just go into my account and set that puzzle as solved so I can unlock the next set lol. OK, I'm just glad it's not me. I felt so stupid not being able to solve it.
DeAngelo

Postby Fran on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 pm

No need to feel stupid :)
You may take comfort in the fact that there only is one set of puzzles after that for now; that one doesn't even teach you anything about the game, and there is a similiar subdungeon you can find. Also, the gold you get isn't that much, either, so you're not really missing out on anything necessary for now.
There are going to be more puzzle; but as they are supposed to teach you gameplay mechanics and these are not final, this will have to wait.
Again, try the class challenges if you want a more relaxing time with the game.
Fran

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:48 pm

They challenges are actually pretty hard if you go for Feeling Parched. Or at least some of them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons