[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Faith Burns Bright

Faith Burns Bright

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Faith Burns Bright

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Sweet! I just did Bloodmage silver and gold, and they weren't very hard. For some reason the monk challenges have become incredibly hard in comparison (2k meat man with 25% resistance... WTF?!).

Also, not liking how the silver and gold challenges are just copying existing dungeons and pasting in new bosses. How about putting Berglwergl (1280 hp, weakening) in the OLD ice swamp, just to be a little bit nicer to our monk.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 pm

I've been playing with the Paladin a bit and I say I think this version is actually pretty good. I still don't think he's a GREAT GG worshipper now (that's GG fault more I think) but now monotheism is actually a tradeoff, rather than "one-sided advantage" vs "complete gimp" of the previous 2 incarnations.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree, but the level 1 TT poison exploit is a little broken. Perhaps a 10% cost reduction, or maybe 15, but otherwise it's great.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I don't think it's broken. It's a very, very specific strategy with big tradeoffs. If you just nerf everything that works well together where will that leave us.

I think the best bet is to prep TT, level up to 2 then worship TT, kill 2 level 1s and exchange 45 gold to get the required piety.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I couldn't prep TT without bursting into tears.

Just beat the super duper meat man! This gold challenge is way to hard. The bloodmage ones difficulty was much more reasonable. I don't think this would be possible without whupaz and other preps, while I could imagine the bloodmage gold purist.

Yuck. I've had enough decaying meat for a lifetime.

The Avatar

Postby Picotrain on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:19 pm

If you did it, does that not prove that it wasn't too hard? It is a gold challenge after all.
Picotrain

Postby Bloggorus on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Avatar is not an accurate representation of other players.

Bloggorus

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Okay, did anyone beat it before it became a challenge? Its about as hard as that, possible a little harder. I don't have a problem with them being hard, it's just so out of line with the bloodmage gold. Same with monk silver vs bloodmage silver.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:41 pm

It is, but the boss is Berglwurgl, a 1280 hp meat man with weakening.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons