Faith Burns Bright

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Faith Burns Bright

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 pm

I believe Taurog's punishment for converting his items technically isn't a deific punishment and would be unaffected by this class feature. My understanding of it is that you are not punished for falling below 0 piety.
Darvin

Postby Incompetent on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15 pm

On the Paladin:

To actually take advantage of Holy Work, you still have to avoid sinning for long enough to save up for the boons (which you can admittedly do quicker than most classes), because you still lose piety for sins. Once you have the boons you want, you can sin as much as you like and just stay at 0 piety. Glowing Guardian and Dracul are definitely stroppy and useful enough that this represents a big advantage, I think (especially if all you want from GG is Humility and Absolution). With other gods though you earn more piety than you burn on average without really trying, unless you have an extremely deprecated play style (e.g. a Warlord choosing to worship Tikki Tooki), and the Paladin is not an extreme character by nature. So the advantage isn't massive for most gods - maybe makes pact use a bit safer I suppose, but then cruising at 0 piety means you're probably wasting a lot of the benefit of the pact anyway.

JJ still doles out minor punishments and never deducts piety anyway, so no big advantage for the Paladin there.
Incompetent

Postby xspeedballx on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm

So for most intents and purposes it is: "You are locked into your god, 20% reduction in boon costs".
xspeedballx

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Tikki Tooki, Glowing Guardian, and Dracul are the big three for Paladins. JJ works well because the sooner you take petition, the fewer punishments you receive. The others are pretty well useless since they already tend to generate more piety than they can actually use.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Sounds sweet, what challenges did they add?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Gorgon on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:30 am

As far as I know, Wizard, Paladin and Thief bronze challenges.
Gorgon

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:50 am

Creeplight Contract has also been established as assassin silver.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:54 am

ALERT: Everyone try the new silver and gold monk/bloodmage challenges. They may look the same but they're really different.

Also, can we get rid of challenge discrepancies? Just make all of them purist, or none of them purist. Please get rid of the "partial purist."

Personally I'd prefer no purist, but that's an opinion I'm not sure newbies would like.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:23 am

Does doing them still junk your item list with vampiric blade/venom blade etc?
TigerKnee

Postby Joist on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:31 am

TT + paladin is pretty beast if you find TT early. Take in 50 gold and fine 10 more, that'll buy you the 40 piety for level 1 poison. Then you can just regen fight mobs using all your mana for HALPMEHs giving you heaps'o'regen.
Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons