[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - "Empty" potion shop

"Empty" potion shop

All things Desktop Dungeons

"Empty" potion shop

Postby Berra_la on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 pm

I have Bezars Bazaar at lvl 2, spawning 6 shops. I usually use the Apothecary preparation (along with the the Tri-Sword). Apparently the potion shops are linked, which means if I buy a health potion at one shop, it disappears from the other potion shops as well. Since I get a total of 3 potion shops in each dungeon, the last one have no potion to sell... or so it would appear. The buy button is still enabled in the last shop and even though it appears as if it has nothing to sell, if you click the buy button, you will receive a potion. From testing it would appear that it is the same potion as the last one you purchased (I assume it simply remembers the last choice you made).
Berra_la

Re: "Empty" potion shop

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Hmmm... perhaps healing and mana potions should be exempt from this rule? It's mostly aimed at shenanigans with strength and schadenfreude potions, and with the keg of mana/health available once you've unlocked elite items I fail to see a big issue with letting people buy multiples of the basic potions.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:31 pm

And that would stop bugs like this.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Actually we'd probably just prevent the apothecary prep spawning more shops than you have potions. There were some edge cases where extra mana potions weren't something we wanted everyone to have access to.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:59 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:15 am

On a Bloodmage that's crazy Sanguine 10 mana potions (Now that you're buying two more) adds 20% Snaguine. 20+20=40% sanguine. That's pretty abusive, but in no way more abusive than gnomes. Wow. If had 10 mana potions and then I was a gnome... That's a lot of sanguine.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am

New bloodmage isn't even all that interesting. If we're actually sacrificing other combos for the sake of him, I'd prefer him to get trashed.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 am

I'm with Darvin on this. Buying 3 mana or health potions isn't going to break anything.

Of course, I've thought that the Apothecary prep should be only one additional shop for quite a while.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:28 am

Meh, the only issue with multiple Schadenfreude and Strength potions. That's fixed now, I see no issue with having several extra potion shops.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:30 am

As long as you can only do more than one purchase on healing and mana potions.

The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons