[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Extending wiki informations

Extending wiki informations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Extending wiki informations

Postby Madness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:44 am

I'm in the mood to restructure the wiki a bit, as it is now it is a little confusing, few things are linked, but I'm a bit worried about the images, is there somewhere where we can get good quality images to use there? Without having to resort to screenshots I mean.
Madness

Re: Extending wiki informations

Postby Gorgon on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:08 pm

I don't think so... Probably, the only way to get good images is to rip them.

I agree that the wiki needs some restructuring, it's a little disorganized at the moment, but there are updates so frequently that it's difficult to keep up with the devs :D

The most annoying problem we have in the wiki is spam. If only there were more people deleting spam, we would be able keep up with the updates, or at least make the wiki a little better.
Gorgon

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Most of us are waiting for the game release to go crazy with the wiki. And hopefully the devs will link this forum login with the wiki login to stop spammers.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Madness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Dunno, I'm starting to lay out some basic structure, like embeddable templates, updating stuff should be easy once it's structured, can anyone handle the ripping, or maybe the devs can donate the original images/upload them straight away.

My first "victim" is Binlor's page, if you wanna check up the progress.
Madness

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Cool, maybe I'll join in soon, when I get the time.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:17 pm

I've been making an effort on filling out the content on these pages, which has been very sparse. Glad to see someone else is helping out.
Darvin

Postby Madness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Darvin: yeah I saw your contribution, good going, I'm trying to lay out the structure of empty pages too (see ENDISWAL) so even people who have no idea how to work with advanced templates/no time to help with those can help with the bulk of the content.

Btw, I have a proposal, but I think it works better in poll form, so I'll open a new thread.

P.S.: a LOT of the problems with spammers would go away by updating mediawiki, not ALL of them, but a lot of them.
If the guys at QCF need a webdeveloper hand with it, I'm available. Plus the Vector skin (the new one on wikipedia) is way better than Monobook (old wikipedia/currently used in the dd wiki) ;)
Madness

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:25 pm

The devs largely ignore the Wiki, and I've been rebuffed every time I've PM'ed them regarding it. They grant admin privileges to contributing community members, but that's about it.

Anyways, I've uploaded full version images for all the glyphs and set up the glyph page. Along with your templates, we should have the glyph pages set up in no time. I'll be back in a few hours to help fill in content on the specific glyph pages.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Sweet! I suppose we're going to have to add a class challenges and a puzzle section. And add all new dungeon pics.

The Avatar

Postby Madness on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 am

Madness

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons