Extending wiki informations

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Extending wiki informations

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:52 pm

What did it use to be? I think I've only ever played with the new iteration?

BLUDTUPOWA used to just disable health regeneration, rather than actually causing your health to drop as you explored.

With the BLUDTUPOWA nerf, the GETINDARE glyph is now the only one unchanged from the alpha.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:21 am

Ah so it was basically 2x mana and it got nerfed back to 1.5x.

I just did Grimm's Groto, halfling wizard prep burning blade, MA, 35g, perserverence badge and apoth.

If he can do it the other casters can. Flames -> Refreshment -> Magics and saved all my glyph conversions for the boss.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 am

Yeah, but the tri-sword is easier. Did they change the nostalgia RNG on Grimm's Grotto?
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 am

The Avatar wrote:Yeah, but the tri-sword is easier. Did they change the nostalgia RNG on Grimm's Grotto?

I'm not sure. The nostalgia RNG produced large open spaces didn't it? When I played it, the level was all corridors. Really terrible for a caster, I kept having to break burning to get past a level 1.

So, transmuter is quickly becoming one of my favourite classes. 307 damage 244 health. Wow. I three shot Blahblah with a whupaz.

Joist

Postby Madness on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:13 am

Trying something new with infoboxes: http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... BURNDAYRAZ

Like it? Hate it?
Madness

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 am

It looks awesome but the fancier the wiki gets the harder it'll be to maintain.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:02 am

@Joist: That transmuter wouldn't have been nearly as powerful without the tri-sword, but that's still pretty broken. Did you prep hp to attack? Oh yeah, the nostalgia generator simply put random level monsters instead of level 1's near the entrance, level 2's a little farther, etc.

@Madness: Nice, those boxes look cool.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:11 am

The Avatar wrote:@Joist: That transmuter wouldn't have been nearly as powerful without the tri-sword, but that's still pretty broken. Did you prep hp to attack? Oh yeah, the nostalgia generator simply put random level monsters instead of level 1's near the entrance, level 2's a little farther, etc.

If you look on the previous page I hit 243 without tri-sword, but I did have the Dwarf Gauntlets. Actually, in this situation I'm convinced the gauntlets are better. Transmuter has -30% attack bonus so buffing attack bonus gives better rewards than buffing base damage. In naga city I hit ~200 without either. I think it was 190 without might.

Preps: Alchemist scroll, Smuggler's Den (really great for us, we get 24 more walls to break, if we save 20 of them we can spam Stone Heart up top and then still safely climb back up to 100 piety), Binlor, HP->Attack, 50g, Pers Badge, Apoth, whup quicksilver reflex, translocation (another great one, it's almost a free whole conversion level. The perfect item to find is Gloves of Midas early. I can clean out all the shops and the gloves convert for 130 with a conversion boost. All for 10 gold).

Just with preps I sit at only 30% attack boost. Might from wall destruction buffs that to 60% but it's still pretty meager.
Joist

Postby Madness on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 am

Joist wrote:It looks awesome but the fancier the wiki gets the harder it'll be to maintain.

It's a template, so you don't really have to tinker it once it's done.
Madness

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 am

Wait, so humans are better? I was considering the problem myself a minute earlier, but the stacking base from all those extra conversions seems to hard to pass up.

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons