Wiki prefixes

All things Desktop Dungeons

Which structure would you prefer?

No prefix = Full game info - - - - - - - - - - - - "Full" prefix = Redirect to No prefix - - - - - "Alpha" prefix = Alpha game info - - - - - - -
89%
No prefix = Redirect to Alpha prefix - - - - - "Full" prefix = Full game info - - - - - - - - - - "Alpha" prefix = Alpha game info - - - - - - -
No votes
No prefix = Redirect to Full prefix - - - - - - - "Full" prefix = Full game info - - - - - - - - - - "Alpha" prefix = Alpha game info - - - - - - -
11%
Other (please specify)
No votes

Total votes : 9

Wiki prefixes

Postby Madness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:36 pm

As of now all the information in the wiki is split between alpha and beta/full versions of the game, with the page regarding alpha information being prefixed by "Alpha:" and the beta/full information being prefixed by "Full:", this makes things a little harder to handle, and requires the creation of a lot of redirect pages for those who type the exact page name.

My proposal would be to rearrange pages so they would be ready for the game release once it happens, according to this structure:
  • No Prefix: Full version information
  • "Full" Prefix: Redirect to no prefix (only for the pages who already exist, for backward compatibility
  • "Alpha" Prefix: Free Alpha version information

Plus adding a disambiguation template at top of ambiguous page that link to the alternate version.
Madness

Re: Wiki prefixes

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:49 pm

I agree with your proposed structure.
Darvin

Re: Wiki prefixes

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, that's definitely the best option.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Return to Desktop Dungeons