[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Need help - I'm stuck!

Need help - I'm stuck!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Need help - I'm stuck!

Postby Malow on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey all! I've been playing DD since it was possible to play it for free for 5 days, but now I'm stuck. Evrything seems too hard, and there seems to be not much alternatives to what I can do!

Only things left that I can do is :
- Beating Dragon Isles (Vicious) which goes with "Here be dragons" quest.
- Beating Naga city (Vicious) which goes with the SNAAAAAKES! quest.

But I'm not even able to beat these level with any class. Anything I'm missing? How do you beat 6 bosses in the same run (Best try so far I beat 5 of them) and I guess that Kinisssch appears after that? In Dragon Isles, the best run I can do is with an Assassin that can one shot all these lvl 9 dragons, but then, the Firstborn appears and it's just wayy too much with its 1400 HP.

Please help me :P
Malow

Re: Need help - I'm stuck!

Postby Darvin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:53 pm

You can get 280 without gods if you're playing a priest, and as a halfling, that will win any of them. Also, don't forget our 8 mp CYDSTEPPing warlord. Naga City is winnable with every class obtaining every badge too. All you need is poison pretty much. I usually start with JJ or anyone who can get you some good piety, making sure not to clean up popcorn. Take all the boons you want and convert to TT on the top floor. Clean up your popcorn, get to 100 piety, and descend. Convert to any god that won't hate you for using potions and will still give you piety throughout the fights. I prefer MA. When you're out of potions switch to either Drac or GG, depending on whether you need hp or mana and hp, and use Blood Swells/Protections.

Also, I thought that Kinisssch did corrosion, did they change it back to poison/mana burn?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 am

To be honest, I played Naga City so heavily a while back that I haven't actually been there in a few versions. He may have gone over to corrosion and I'd totally have missed it.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:16 am

Corrosion and 50% magic res. Ugh, I wish they'd stop making Vicious dungeons harder.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 am

On the subject of that, the XP change made every single dungeon across the board harder. It's really noticeable in the vicious dungeons.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

Rest assured, I think all the vets have noticed. Less XP to go around is just plain nasty.

It's also been a stealth buff to Tikki Tooki and WEYTWUT, which can be used to eke out those critical extra XP to make up the difference, and a stealth nerf to IMAWAL which granted a %-based XP bonus.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am

A massive stealth nerf to EM too. I'm actually really liking her for some of the high damage characters like tri-s priest on an undead map. Free IMAWALL + ability to cast slow on every mob on the map is amazing. If you only need to kill a handful of mobs to reach one-shotting-everything territory Entangle itself can equal 20 or more bonus xp.

edit: Oh and yeah, TT is really nice. My favourite play atm with the pally is prep TT, poison at 2, bonus xp every time you clear up some popcorn.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:52 am

Ugh... I can't bear prepping TT. I just can't stand the penalty.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 am

No, I'd much rather scum for him. Taking such a substantial nerf to your character's strength is utterly untenable. Certainly Paladin is the only class that can even consider this, as no one else can begin worship early in practice.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons