[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Need help - I'm stuck!

Need help - I'm stuck!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Need help - I'm stuck!

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:55 am

But there also (hopefully) won't be any more broken strats, so it won't be that much easier.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

gjaustin

Postby Malow on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hey thanks all for the answers! One thing I'm wondering though, how do I unlock the Crusader (Is that that lvl 5 taht asks to not kill him but I killed him by mistake?) and how do I unlock Goblin race?

Also, to answer Darvin:

Have you found Namtar's Lair, the Vicious Halls of Steel, or the Demonic Libraries yet? Or have you already beaten those?

I have Namtar's Lair, Halls of Steel is Hard, Demonic Libraries I have. But I never beat those (Except Halls of steel, but like I said, it is at hard). I was focussing on Naga and Dragon dungeons because they had quests, but the other Vicious ones still are impossible to me :P
Malow

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm

So, I'm pretty sure that gnome warlord is a guaranteed win in the demonic library. I've won 3 out of 3 attempts.

Preps: Gnome, warlord, tri-sword, Smuggler's, Mystera, HP->ATT, 50g, Perserverance Badge, Apoth, whupaz, schaden, fortitude, Translocation Seal.

Strat: Pretty simple, get 16 mana and cheap spells from MA. Drink lots of potions and do lots of damage. Tri-s will give you a massive base attack, focus on +attack% items and preps. MA + gnome pots + CYSTEPP will take care of your defenses.

More in depth: Always be casting spells for MA piety, try and find a high level mob early on you can bash yourself against so you can keep recasting CYDSTEPP while exploring. You'll want to take cheap spells first, then +mana until you have 16 mana, then take refreshment. That's all you need to do in the god department.

If you find glyphs you wont use just leave them on the ground. During battle you can convert them for 50% mana recovery, since we are going for 16 mana that's a whole 'nother cypstepp. If you leave them on the ground they won't clutter your inventory.

Drink your health pots as soon as you get them, you can use some mana pots early on to level catapault since you only need a couple of mana pots against the final boss. From the 3 apoth shops by schaden, mana and fortitude.

Once you have 16 mana you should be able to kill some of the weaker sub-bosses while using minimal pots. Top-left (corrosion) bottom (poison) and right (lower resist) are the guys you are going to want to take out first, since they have low health and their effects are literally useless on you. Once you kill them you should have a whole heap'o'gold, you can buy out everything converting the things you don't want. Things to keep include the crystal ball and any +% attack items.

Take out left guy (beefy health) next. Since you do physical damage left guy and top right guy have effecively the same health but left guy doesn't weaken you. After him take out top-left guy. Use your fortitude pots if you saved them though it's not always necessary.

If you have 2 schaden pots, a couple of mana pots and some glyphs left this guy is simple. Chug the WHUPAZ for your first attack, drink your mana pots before anything else, then your schaden, then the glyphs.

He'll be a pushover anyhow.

I could put a playthrough on the wiki if there's interest?
Joist

Postby Gorgon on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Yeah, Demonic library is pretty easy with a Warlord because all the bosses have absurd attack and pathetic HP.

I beat it with a Rogue once, but that was before CYDSTEPP was nerfed.
Gorgon

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I've got an assassin win from before burning was nerfed.

edit: Huh, just got a Dragon Isles win with the strategy above. A little more tooth and nail near the end but it worked.
Joist

Postby gjaustin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:02 pm

If you get the hell out of his religion afterwards, GG with absolution works even better :-D
Darvin

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Or alchemist scroll if you can spare the item prep slot.

3 of my Naga runs are because of the alchemist scroll.
Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons