[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please release the monster classes. They want to be free

Postby Joist on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Joist

Postby gjaustin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:30 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I use orc for my rogue, not halfling. With that much hp and damage you should be killing monsters that level you up automatically. Actually, the rogue has trouble in VHoS. I just use him for the other 4 normal vicious.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

Yes, but pairs as such work practically just as well.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:44 am

@Bloggorus: Can you try this one? http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... agon_Isles

I'd like to use you as a guinea pig because of your self professed trouble with vicious dungeons.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:58 am

AH! That was far to close to revealing the ultra-secret effect of the CAN OF WHUPAZ.

Anyways, nice run. I never thought of using reflex/quicksilver on the guards. I usually just drained my potions.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am

Ha! The effect can probably go on the wiki without fear, just not on the forums ;)

I think my next guide will be orc transmuter prep alchemist scroll and binlor. I just walked through Naga City with him and I didn't even use the "transmutation seal on boss trophy" trick. Also didn't need WHUPAZ.

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 am

Nope, not the wiki either: http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Full:Items

I can't wait to see your transmuter run. I think I get how the strategy works, but I'd like to see it in action.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:38 am

Oh, ok. I'll do one this evening. As usual I'll try and make it scum-less so I'll have to have a think about what to do with the gods up top.

On that run I got dracul and GG on top of binlor. I went 100 piety binlor -> GG -> absolution/humility -> eat some ground sparkles -> back to binlor.

Thinking about it later though I should have jumped into dracul and eaten all the ground blood pools for a bunch of piety.
Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons