[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please release the monster classes. They want to be free

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Would be nice if it gave a base attack boost. Maybe a good +6? Make it the elite version of the fine sword like the dragon shield is the elite version of the tower shield?
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:10 pm

But the dragon shield is not only twice as effective, it has magic res too. Perhaps 7 base and 20-30%.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 pm

The dragonshield doesn't have an active effect, the Avatar's Symbol does. A +100% boost on a single attack is a big deal for striker-type characters, particularly if combined with a strength potion. Since the active-use effect already boosts attack bonus, restricting the passive effect to base attack makes sense, and also keeps racial balance for this item under control.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Oh. I thought you wanted to remove the effect.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:17 pm

No, I was talking about changing the passive effect. I have no problems with the attack boosting effect. With sufficient popcorn, you can get 2 or even 3 +100% attacks against the boss. It's not the strongest effect in the world, which is why it needs a fairly good passive to go along with it, but I see no need to change it.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Agreed. The current resists are meager and out of place.

The Avatar

Postby Bloggorus on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 am

Guys I think you might have missed my point. It's not that vicious is impossible, just impossible for ME with my limited patience for silly strats that require perfect play.

I LIKE playing regular dungeons and screwing around all the time, so I was hoping for a way to play monster classes without exploit shenanigans.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:37 am

Which brings us back to the "fix the concept of VICIOUS" so that normal people can enjoy the endgame bit.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:05 am

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:34 am

Vicious dungeons are only here to catch exploits. By the end they will be nerfed so they are harder than hard, but not broken.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons