[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please release the monster classes. They want to be free

Postby gjaustin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm

I think that's actually agreeing with me. I've updated my previous post to make it clear what I'm referring to as the laundering.
gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 pm

I agree with the laundering. The terminology, not the act of it. And the problem isn't in the fact that TT lets you dodge income taxes, or anything at all really - that level is difficult for someone who can't juggle gods well enough, and simple but engaging for advanced strats.

One of which isn't walking in with an item prep, a shop prep and converting your arse off for silly benefits. There's nothing advanced about an overbuffed triling, it's practicaly the most straightforward broken strat ever.

And I've never ever done the laundering bit, since it wasn't mandatory for a pre boss nerf fighter run :) I tend to avoid obvious exploits if I can, fun as they may be.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, the Triling is broken. Especially with TT and an alchemist scroll. I think changing them to only activate on healing and mana potions would be a fair fix. Not to shabby, not to broken. Especially if you make the tri-sword +3.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Make it activate on healing and mana potion, cap the bonus at +20, and I think that's reasonable.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:13 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Hmm... Yes. I was considering broken as overpowered. If anyone thought otherwise that's my bad. Still the alchemist scroll is overpowered ATM. I think hp and mana potions would be more fair.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 pm

gjaustin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 pm

That would be quite interesting, especially for Gnome Warlords who want to get 10 mana per potion. Would priest potions get overheal?

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:49 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons