[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

Please release the monster classes. They want to be free...

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Please release the monster classes. They want to be free

Postby Mister Bile on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Mister Bile

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Joist

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:50 am

Well, I think I've put the tri-sword, berserker, gnome, alchemist scroll and transmuter right in the firing line. Let's see what gets nerfed next.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 am

I disagree with berserker. He just has great luck on how there's so much magic damage.

Since there's more magic than physical damage, shouldn't it be the monk with an attack bonus, not the berserker?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 am

Yeah, that's really weird about late game. I think it's because so many of the classes have physical resist, the devs put a bunch of magic bosses in.
Joist

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 am

gjaustin

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 am

Generally, they nerfed stuff that was both too straightforward and too powerfull, but plenty of that stuff was overbuffed on purpose so people might notice it (like cheap conversion fodder).

The second category was stuff that made people not even bother with purposefully overbuffed stuff as it was unitnentionally more powerfull then stuf dev's made intentionaly more powerfull then they thought it should be (like the old cydstepp, GG or various incarnations of the Tri-Sword).

And agree about the berserker - he was actually undepowered on account of there being very little magic damage in the game, which is also the reason so many bosses had magic damage. They may have overdone the magic damage on monsters now, so people are struggling with the monk now, but it's not the berserker or the monk, it's the monsters, really.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:35 am

I think it'd be nice if VHoS and Dragon Isles both had 1 magic boss and 1 physical boss.

Would make things interesting and sort of level it up between physical (paladin, monk, gorgon) and the berserker.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 am

So Matron is Physical? And Indomiable is too?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons