[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Burned status

Burned status

All things Desktop Dungeons

Burned status

Postby Madness on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Ok, I'm about to give up, I can't figure out how it works.

As far as I understood it, it triggers x magic damage, where x is the stacks of burned applied, whenever damage is dealt to any monster(basically time stands still until then) but it has a weird working with PISORF, if I PISORF the burned guy and it gets damage, the Burned damage is applied (and the stacks stay), if I use it on the burned guy and he gets no damage, no burn damage is applied, if I use PISORF on any other monster, the burn damage is applied (even if PISORF caused no damage) and the burn stacks are removed.

Is this working as intended?
Madness

Re: Burned status

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Typical DD inconsistencies. It sounds like it's not working correctly with PISORF.

Based on how the devs have responded in the past regarding burning, the expected behavior is that if you deal damage then burning should terminate, and if you don't deal damage then burning should not terminate. The only time burning should accumulate after taking damage is when you hit the target with a fireball or while wielding whurrgarbl hit him with a physical attack.
Darvin

Postby Madness on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm

so, if I do damage to anything, burn damage occurs, if that damage was a burning strike damage (fireball or flame sword that is) on the already burned character, increase burned stacks, if not, remove burned status?
Madness

Postby The Avatar on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 am

Yup, extra damage and remove if you hit anything else, or the monster with a non-burning attack. You only increase burning if you hit the burnt monster with a burning attack.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:34 am

So the inconsistency is that the burn damage triggers if you pisorf another enemy into an empty space?
dislekcia

Postby Madness on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:01 am

There's a lot of weird effects with PISORF and Burned, it gets long to explain, you might want to refactor that bit.
Madness

Postby Darvin on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:36 am

Darvin

Postby Madness on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 am

It's actually more complex and inconsistent. I'd have a hard time explaining it, and testing it.
Madness

Postby Joist on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:02 am

Let me do some tests, I'll report back with results.

Without burning strike
Mob A has a burning stack, I pisorf mob B into an empty tile. The burning stack on mob A ignites and is removed.
Mob A has a burning stack, I pisorf mob B into an wall. The burning stack on mob A ignites and is removed.
Mob A has a burning stack, I pisorf mob B into mob C. The burning stack on mob A ignites and is removed.
Mob A has a burning stack, I pisorf mob B into mob A. The burning stack on mob A ignites and is removed.

Ha! You are right there are inconcistancies
Mob A has a burning stack, I pisorf mob A into mob B. The burning stack on mob A ignites and isn't removed. That is the pisorf attack gets the extra burning damage but the burning stack isn't incremented or removed.
Joist

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:47 pm

dislekcia

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons