[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Blovski on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 am

Um, I think that is really a perfect storm scenario - Crystal Ball and Keg of Mana are both hulking finds with Mage Plate prepped. Crystal Ball especially. It's more that you got some phenomenal shop item synergy than that mage plate is inherently OP or DI is that easy now. Fireballers I suppose have a nice time in that they don't have to worry about the curse and status debuffs of the guards but the dungeon's still alright. Matron could hit a tad harder.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

I discovered Mage Plate while monkeying around Gaan'Telet with the Bloodmage. Essentially the mana you gain is such a large ammount that you can turn into a manamonster instantly at any point, with any class. Since I always milked Mysterea in every Gaan'Telet run for the refreshment fueled end spike, every Gaan'Telet run with mage plate in the pool is pracitcaly guaranteed a "uber caster" moment with no visible effort involed.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Agreed.

@Blovski: While the synergy was OP, they must have fireballed about 2800 damage to beat the matron alone, and then you add 1400 or so for guards, and that's 4200 fireball damage.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Sorry, double posted. Please ignore.
Last edited by The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby gjaustin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

The new Mage Plate is a pretty great find in a shop. If you have a physical resistance boss, you can just buy it and then convert it once you're done.
gjaustin

Postby Blovski on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Blovski

Postby Lagmalix on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:38 pm

It wasn't me who said that the MP is OP. I have won the DI by pure fireballing the marton even before the map was nerfed, so I think the Plate is fine. My point was I was just messing around, not really trying to win, took Flames at lvl1 which is obviously a huge debuf this early. Of course I got lucky with the shops but still, this would probably be never feasible with the old map and I'm not so sure if I like the drop in the difficulty.
Lagmalix

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I think a pretty simple tweak should sort all this out ^^
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 pm

What is it? Please, give us a preview. Pleeeeease!

The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 pm

I don't think that the existence of an extreme alternative strategy that requires focused preparation and perfect shop spawning is grounds for a nerf or any kind of adjustment, really.
Sidestepper

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons