[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 30, 2012 11:18 am

The stone sigil is more of a cool bonus that you get rarely. Also, you want PATCHES as a Vampire. He's incredibly useful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah, Patches is great. I wish there was an indicator of what effect he'd given you when you level up, though.
Blovski

Postby Fran on Thu May 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Fran

Postby Darvin on Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Basically the dragon shield becomes better than platemail on scenarios where the Vampire is out of his element.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeah, pretty much. You don't even want a Vamp fighting anything with damage over 100 or so.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am

I like prepping the badge over the shield so I can push lifesteal higher.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:43 am

To be fair, 720 conversion will give you 6 lifesteal per level. You only need 20% attack bonus to be able to support that. If you can somehow manage 840 CP (good luck without sensation stone, which means giving up platemail prep) then you'd need 40% attack bonus to pull it off.

Still, perseverence badge is a great item and the damage alone is worth it if you're confident you won't have troubles at lower levels where the shield is more valuable.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:18 am

I hit that often before the translocation nerf.

Glyphs + mana pots (and sometimes health pots) + steal a 100 cp item + buy all the other items

Haven't played the Vamp since that change so it may not be doable now.

Lower levels are tricky, generally I like to get 3-400 cp under my belt, rack up some overheal off level 1s and take down a couple of level 2s.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 am

Yeah, one reason shield/plate mail are so great for the Vamp is it really helps him early game, which he needs.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:45 am

100 CP items in shops aren't very common, and unless you get lucky it may not be possible to hit 840 without converting something you prepared. Even after converting your shield and five glyphs, you'd still need 305 CP, and there's no assurance that this much CP will be available from the shops.

I generally consider about 800 the upper limit of what's reasonably possible without a sensation stone. You can go higher, but it's pretty tough to do, and it'll be pretty tough to hit even that.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons