[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Gnomes with the Mage Plate probably do need adjustment. A gnome with 25 MP can quaff a mana potion for +10 mana. If you have ten mana potions plus two schadenfreude plus refreshment, that's a lot of mana for an end-game damage spike (easily 200+ mana), and all you need to do is line yourself up for a clean shot at the boss.
Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:20 pm

fall_ark

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:30 pm

^ Agreed on Darvins point. It doesn't need scumming, if you're a gnome, for whatever reason, it can get pretty silly prety fast with mysterea. Whatever gives +10 mana from a single source messes up with balancing on %based mana regen, and since you can fireball stuff to death without caring for your damage anyway... Yeah. Why prep an elf?

For that matter, I'm not sure burndayraz's the way to go either. If PISSORF still works off base damage, and Orc wizard should be quite silly, especaially if you can grab martyr wraps. An endgame gnome with a tri-sword can fireball/PISSORF first, convert armor, then hit like a truck.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 pm

I've been stacking it with Martyr Wraps for days. Battlemage ring is also good, except the wraps work better if you use up all your healing except bloodpools, then put on armor, then fireball to death, then take off armor, then suck up bloodpools... It's pretty much too good, really...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Oh, uh, I meant a quick tweak to make DI a little more well-rounded. Not the Mage Plate. :P

I'll check with the others about this. I know that the plate was originally buffed slightly because we didn't hear much talk about it, so maybe that was too much.

But that'll have to wait til tomorrow. I'm spending the evening rescuing pugs.
Nandrew

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:49 pm

I think magic is too powerful ATM. Why else would they give every single Vicious boss 50% magic res? I think the real problem is there are a lot more anti-physical debuffs than anti-magic Debuffs, so bosses need effectively double hp against fireballers.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Darvin

Postby Blovski on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Clearance can take spawned snakes : O

DID NOT KNOW.

Also, you can transmute prayer beads : o
Blovski