[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Mister Bile on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm looking forwards to trying this out tonight. The Transmuter is a class I've never been able to get a handle on. The description always read to me as: "The Transmuter starts with bad MATH but if you cast ENDISWAL you get MATH percentage added to MATH which will allow you to MATH your MATH into better MATH than a regular class's MATH. (Binlor's Lair Action Playset Sold Separately)"
Mister Bile

Postby Malow on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Just succeeded Naga City for the first time with the Orc Transmuter! Wow that was fun, and I never really converted! I Converted to EM to get the little HP and dmg resist, but then I went back to Binlor. All I did was to use its Stone Skin power before each hit against strong bosses. It was enough to kill them all! I never thought that Kinisssch would be so easy :P

Thanks for the nice strat!
Malow

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Joist

Postby Malow on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 am

Yep, never thought I'd make it. Was waiting for your "Part 2" to see how to beat all theses bosses, because I have no clue how to play around with all these gods. But then I told myself "why not give it a try anyway!" So once I went downstairs, I just improvised and it happened that staying with Binlor was the best solution. There is way enough walls down there.

Any strategy for the Dragon Isles? I did it with an Orc Berserker and an Orc Rogue, so I need one more class to complete the quest. I tried the Orc Transmuter, but there is really not enough walls, and the level is really not well suited for that strategy.
Malow

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 am

Gnome Warlord will work. If you find a soul orb it will be easy. If you don't then it will be much trickier.

Soul orb -> Take refreshment when you have 16 mana.
No soul orb -> Don't take refreshment until you have 20 mana. (If you even reach that much mana) since refreshment doesn't work while mana burned you'll need to regen most of your mana through potions. Try and find a pendant of mana.

Both strategies save most of your glyph conversions for the boss. A glyph on the ground is worth 90% of your mana (50% for refreshment and 40% from the potion you get).

edit: Oh yeah, for Naga try Alchemist scroll orc rogue for the same sort of crazy health/damage but no resist combo. Not sure what god to take with him though.

edit 2: So I fired up Dragon Isles to see how easy it is without soul orb and this happened. I think *literally* the perfect start to the run. http://i.imgur.com/qhWMw.png
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 am

Definitely would go with a Warlord for your third class. You could also try Assassin.
Darvin

Postby Malow on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 am

Is it possible that I never saw Soul Orb Before? Or I unlocked it but never saw it again.

Anyway I will try, thanks!
Malow

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:31 am

Soul Orb is obtained from the easy gnome-specific dungeon.
Darvin

Postby Malow on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:58 am

Gnome specific dungeon? WHich one was it already, its name?
Malow

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:01 am

Darvin hasn't moved with the times ;)

Do the Gnome bronze challenge.

also, check out this list. but only unlock stuff you might use - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1815

edit OH GOD I"M AN IDIOT

Me halfway through the dragon isles "Wait, when did gnomes get their conversion levels nerfed to 120 points? Ah well"

Me fighting the matron "Wait, why didn't that conversion give me a mana poti-OH GOD I"M AN ORC".

Anyway, I got this far pretty easily without much hassle, though I did get an early Gloves of Midas - http://i.imgur.com/mJrKx.png
Joist

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons