[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Lujo on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm

O.O

I am totaly trying this out :) I love me a good dwarf romp ^^

And I've been looking for ways to try out the new Fire Heart for days :)

Post it again on this page, as far as I'm concerned, so people can see it. I hat when such a good post ends up as the last one one the page -.-'
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:40 am

Sweet strategy. I wonder if that could be pulled off in Gaan-Telet...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:41 am

Well, worked in Dragon Isles (saved enlightenment for the matron to get rid of curse stacks, again used cleansing instead of fireball on the phys res guards, used whupaz on firstborn) - had to use two of six or sevenish health potions to seal the deal. I think with either venom ward or soul orb turning up it'd be just about possible to get parched with this one. Might have just about been able to do it with desecrations and potion conversions on my run but I don't know what the JJ/Dracul penalty is (would've tried with EM/Binlor or something).
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:51 am

It won't work in Gaan'Telet unless Absolution is not same screen only. Even then, running into the curse floors at the wrong time would be very tricky, unless you could save enlightment.

If altar preps worked in Gaan'Telet, then it would probably be worth a shot. There's a thought which would make Gaan'Telet doable by a lot more classes.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lagmalix on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:27 am

Stupid strategy time. I always play spellcasters in pretty much any game and thought to myself, damn DD spellcasting is so boring, all I have as a direct damage dealing spell is a stupid fireball and even it can't be cast that often. So I decided to try almost 100% spellcasting build - Elf Wizard with Fireball Magnet, Mage Plate and Mystera and what's a better map to try it out than Mystera's homeland - Dragon Isles. To make matters even worse my first boon (at lvl 1) was Flames which is obviously very inefficient but I wanted to force myself to pretty much only use the Fireball. I was obviously expecting to get stomped but to my surprise the run was successful, I even forgot to use WHUPAZ and I think I had 1 mana potion left, nevertheless I was very lucky with the shops (Elite Items prep) as I got a Mana Keg, a Crystal Ball and probably an Elven Boots but don't remember anymore. Late game my attack was 0 so I coldn't even kill the fodder enemies without using the fireball and at that point 5 mana points cost is very expensive. Makes me wonder whether this bulid is actually valuable or this map has become really easy. I had 39 mana points pool and 50 dmg/fireball (no piercing wand though).
Lagmalix

Postby Darvin on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 am

Yup, that build is actually pretty solid. If you're going with Mystera worship, go with an Assassin instead of a wizard. No matter how crappy your attack damage is, you can always one-hit-kill weaker monsters, and you can use mystic balance to bring the cost of your fireball down to 5 MP.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:55 am

Wow. The Mage plate might need a bit of a tone down. But how would you nerf it...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 am

Nandrew

Postby fall_ark on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:09 am

fall_ark

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons