[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Joist

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:54 pm

gjaustin

Postby Lagmalix on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Lagmalix

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, looks like black market just got back on people radar after the gold nerf, like 30 minutes ago :lol:

1 hp per tile per level. My strategies generally revolve around the numbers more than the overall feel. I, too, hate scumming though.
Joist

Postby Joist on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:50 am

I've played a few normal games since the update and there's one big change I've noticed across all the classes I played. At the end of the dungeon I am almost always out of gold.

I did a few runs for notes and it seems that each dungeon has exactly 10 gold piles, each gold pile has 1-3 gold and it seems completely random how much. Usually you end up with ~20 gold from the piles.

There are a few consequences of this. To fill out your tri-sword you need to spend almost 60 gold, not including extra potions from apothecaries. On a tri-sword run I usually bring a compression scroll to shrink it, depending on the class, but now I always bring translocation just in case I see something shiny. No more buying potions just to drink them for the tri-sword either.

Is prepping 3 apothecaries worth it now if we really only need 1 potion? We used to prep 3 apoths and buy the same potion 3 times but we can't do that anymore.

Black market is looking better too, +10 gold if you can sacrifice some dark tiles/walls and a small boost at the beginning of the level.

Gloves of Midas are AMAZING now. So good. 10 gold for 65 conversion points? I'd almost buy that for the conversion alone.

Junk items in shops piss me off way more now though. Stuff like the poison blade, sure I may have bought it at the end and converted it but now it's just clogging up the system. I'm honestly tempted to start a new account and just not unlock all the drek items.

How's the gold change affected you?
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Agreed. Once I was 1 fireball away from winning berserker gold but I was 1 gold short of the mana potion. It REALLY sucks. Also, it'll be impossible to win the Bazaar challenges, because now you get 10, or 5, gold instead of 25.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

I think you'd need to go: Tinker, Hobbler's Hold, (items lying on floor to transmute), extra translocation, gloves of midas.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:31 pm

What about the one that has to be in Hexx Ruins? It's probably still doable with a Tinker, but it'll be close.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm

I don't remember that one. Care to re-inform me?
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:44 pm

It's to get elites. Just buy out everything in Hexx Ruins. Unfortunately, more shops are spawned than last time because now you have Bazaar 2.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons