[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

All things Desktop Dungeons

Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 am

Whenever someone starts a thread it usually stays on topic for about 1 page and then derails into strategy. We can use this thread instead of cluttering up other threads with our strategy musings.

If you want to talk about a strategy mentioned in another thread try to move the discussion over here and post a link back to the thread that started the discussion.
Joist

Re: Strategy Thread for talking about Strategies

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:52 am

Moving the orc transmuter discussion over here. Linkback : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2044&start=180

I just had a staggeringly good start to Naga City end when my browser suddenly decided it wanted to be on youtube. Anyone know if you can run unity webplayer files in some sort of standalone player?

Anyway, take a look. I got 13 conversion levels and I was read to break some more walls when I descended and get another level from those Gloves of Midas which would have put me on 150 base damage. I went Binlor (might and knockback) -> TT (poison, dodge and 3! health potion trades) -> EM (used the rest of my piety on vine form and then plantation'd to get 100 more piety).

I was going to mess those bosses up ;_;

edit: Also, I just realised that a Burn Salve potion will remove any Punishments from EM. That's basically a free desecration if you don't need her.
Joist

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 am

Hooray, I have screenshots of a Naga City Orc Transmuter run. 153 screenshots, 90 of them are above and the rest are below. The best part is the run was pretty bog-standard. No TT or pactmaker on top. Converted into GG then back to Binlor. I found the tri-sword but didn't buy it. No gloves of midas either. Pretty big letdown tbh.

Anyway, got through easily, had 3 blood swells, 1 health potion and whupaz left over.

I didn't calculate it right to take down a burn salve to get rid of corrosion from EM but I desecrated her anyway because I realised that desecrating her and then taking Blood Hunger from Dracul is a net gain of 5 damage resist. Also it gave me 3 indulgences.

My favourite "god dance" down below at the moment is, go in with 100, conv to TT -> poison -> desecrate EM -> eat the piety on the ground -> conv to Dracul -> Blood Hunger -> Blood Tithe when possible.

Finished doing 256 damage, 160 base.

Does anybody know if blood pools stack?
Joist

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Wow these things take forever to write. Here's the top bit of Naga City with the Orc Transmuter. The rest is just, you know, killing the bosses. If you've done Naga City before you know what that entails. It's the transmuter conversion buffing that's really the interesting bit.

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... _Naga_City

I'll do the boss bit later.
Joist

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

There ought to be a thread about the strategy of talking about strategy in a way that avoids getting into everlasting arguments that boil down to "yeah, dev's ought to do something about it eventualy". Otherwise, good move, this.

Like a sticky of topic that result from allready identified problems which we can only hope dev's adress, or "known issues" or "philosophy bugs" and "noticed overbuffed stuff you might have learned to rely on".
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Joist

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Joist

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Last edited by Darvin on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons