[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Art of Negotiation

The Art of Negotiation

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Art of Negotiation

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Having looked at the scenario, I have to agree with you that something is off. There must be some secondary effect, because the boss's stats are so high that there's no way a purist paladin will ever have a remote chance of beating this. Taurog offers nothing particularly useful here aside from magic resist.

I'd have preferred to have seen a Tikki Tooki or Dracul paladin challenge, to be honest.

Just did Assassin Gold. Interesting mission, and well done. Absolutely need ENDISWAL, however.
Last edited by Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darvin

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Darvin

Postby q 3 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Apropos of nothing, if GG is going to punish picking up gold, then the player needs the option not to pick up gold. Punishing something that is unavoidable is just dumb.
q 3

Postby gjaustin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:49 pm

gjaustin

Postby Mister Bile on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Honestly, I wish that either orcs or humans got a buff to something *other* than attack. I know there are differences between the two, but it always seemed odd that 2 races would have the same bonus, just with a different mathematical underpinning. Especially since, for most users, the difference seems really futzy and unclear, forcing us to go to the forums to check with the people who have spent a lot of time spading for the answers.

Of course, I take this back if this leads to mathmagical human-versus-orc challenges.
"My lord, the Orcs have discovered the quadratic equation!"
"Quick! To the golden abacus!"
"No time! Readjusting damage to a sine curve!"
"You fool, that will destroy us all!"

Meanwhile, while the Cleansing boon's cost is a bit scary, it was probably needed. Before, I never, *ever* worried about breaking her Taboo because it was far too easy to just go on the plantation-cleansing merry-go-round. At the very least, this will make me think before her boons.
Mister Bile

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Wait, so what challenges did they add?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Berserker Silver, Warlord Silver, Paladin Silver, and Assassin Gold.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons