[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Art of Negotiation

The Art of Negotiation

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Art of Negotiation

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Well, the advantages of old Orc were that they worked well at lower-levels and for characters with high attack bonus and large amounts of conversion points. Humans don't mature until higher-levels, and even then for some classes would never overtake the Orc.

The Rogue and Crusader are the real guys who suffered from the Orc nerf. Everyone else can migrate over to human without serious issue.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm

If you bring any +base attack at all humans don't struggle to keep up at the lower levels. In this new gold-limited style of play I think you'd be hard pressed to get enough CP early game to make a significant difference. Which classes would never overtake orc? Just classes with large +attack%. Even the berserker with +20% is better with a human than an orc if you get some +base attack.

The rogue/crusader thing is true, although orc rogue alchemist scroll was almost in the same broken league as orc transmuter.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:48 pm

Still, on a purist berserker run, orc is better, as there is little or no chance you will get base. ALso, the courage juice gives you might, an effect more effective of orcs than for humans.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:12 pm

On a purist run humans overtake orcs at level 7. That's assuming you scrap up 600 CP. At 500 CP (all the glyphs) humans overtake at 6.

Thats old orcs too. Humans overtake at level 5 for new orcs.
Joist

Postby franz on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

My opinion is that the difference between orcs and humans is a bit obscure right now, it takes too much knowledge of the game to understand if picking either one will result in an advantage at what point of the game with how many CPs.
This is my casual player point of view, I feel like I'm handicapping myself everytime I pick one of those races over the other.
I usually end up choosing the race/class combo with the cooler portrait :)
franz

Postby Darvin on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 am

Agreed. I think making Orcs experience and Goblins gold for 1 week could be a very interesting change now that we're so hard pressed for cash.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:51 am

Man, I think I lost all my DD abilities after a hiatus seeing as how I can't complete silver challenges.

Edit: On my own. I can probably do it if I read the wiki, but eh.
TigerKnee

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 am

Which ones? A couple of them are nuts (esp sorc silver).
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 am

And monk silver. That level's hell.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons