[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Help For A Noob Goblin Assassin In Shifting Passages?

Help For A Noob Goblin Assassin In Shifting Passages?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Help For A Noob Goblin Assassin In Shifting Passages?

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:36 am

Joist

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 am

Okay, after aborting my Mystera super-run, I got a run that was just begging for me to use ENDISWAL.

I found the ENDISWAL early in dungeon exploration, but I held off. Then I discovered the Binlor and Pactmaker's altars sitting side-by-side, as if fate itself was tempting me. The sole remaining altar was Earthmother, so it was that or nothing, but I held strong! I ended up winning Parched and Faithless, though I don't feel faithless really counted because I used sparkles to fuel a single use of the scholar's pact. Second boss was Iron Man, so I used no poison in fighting the bosses. I'm doing the writeup right now, should have it up in 15-20 minutes.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 am

You and I, we seem to have very different playstyles. It's interesting. Anyway I did use IMAWAL heavily, found ENDISWAL lategame so felt confident taking TT. Killed Evolvia using poison and kill the Iron Man using well timed level ups and a couple of reflexes convert potions.

Joist

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:35 am

Annotated Playthrough is up

And yes, I'm aware I really need to play this dungeon more often as more classes ;-)
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:05 am

I like how "sparkles" has entered the DD vernacular.

The pendant of health is an amazing item for a purist assassin aye, I used it in my last run. I completely forgot that I should have been taking schaden pots in, I was taking quicksilvers instead.

Nice playthrough. I never get zombie money, that subdungeon is top tier grade A subdungeon material. I kept getting the Lost Sorc
Joist

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:08 am

I intentionally didn't over-explore zombie money. I only used about the amount of exploration space that a 5x5 like lost sorc would give me. If I'd really pushed it, I could have done some poison work to wear down Evolvia, probably even catapulted using the level 9 zombies.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 am

I think you probably could have taken Evolvia out using the dark tiles in there alone. That's why I always do Evolvia first, just make sure you save an attack for his undead form and if you need to fireball him out of it then mana potion and regen 1 tile to get back to 7 mana.

In both my runs that's all I needed my potions for.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 am

Yeah, but I had every intention of going for "parched" if I could :twisted:
Darvin

Postby Joist on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:29 am

On the "playing with different characters" thing, I just play the burning level with a class I haven't used yet. Usually it's just my new favourite. Atm it's the thief who is *amazing* after the gold nerf. If you can get WEYTWUT or GETINDARE he's basically a free win on any level but the hardest hards.
Joist

Postby Nateon on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Nateon

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons