[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another early one!

Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:25 am

Or be playing a monk... Wow, you can practically prep this combo. Now that makes monk gold a hell of a lot easier.

Congrats on your win! I tried to set that up, I just never got a rock heart. I wonder if Paladin is even doable...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 am

The best part about the Rogue challenges is that you can play like a complete drunken hobo and somehow still get 5-6 dodges per boss and win anyway.

Speaking of that, the Silver Rogue challenges still has a bunch of trophy drops from the bosses at an inflated price (I think, they're like 200 each) that end the challenge when you grab them and have a misleading description. I suggest removing those.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 am

Yeah, it makes it look like they're the boss. You got 5-6 dodges?! I got 0. Okay, 1 if you count the quicksilver, and same with the gold too.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:28 am

Yeah, I did. Honestly it's pure luck and I wouldn't suggest anyone play the Rogue relying on that. It's just super funny because you think to yourself "Damn, I don't have the resources to do this" and then SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOSH "Nevermind"
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:36 am

I remember my first Dragon Isles run. I had the Matron down to 600 HP and I was out of resources. Five consecutive dodges later, I was walking out with a dragon shield.
Darvin

Postby Darvin on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:41 am

Best deity combo ever. Binlor a few steps into the dungeon. Spot GG just as I'm reaching 100 piety, convert over. Absolution at level 3, grab humility. Coasting to victory easy, so I just grab Enlightenment with GG... then I find an altar of Dracul with BLUDTUPOWA sitting next to it. I convert the glyph and eke out just enough piety from other item conversions to switch religions. Pick up two hits of blood tithe, and locate the monster summoning subdungeon which I proceed to farm with my decked out character to reach a post-humility level 10. I get blood shield, then convert back to Binlor to begin using HALPMEH... not that there's anything left to kill...

In the end, I was a level 10 Human Assassin with 108 damage, 183 HP, 15 MP, 10% sanguine, and 25% both resists. Never bought items, and I entered the dungeon purist. Shame it was only a hard-difficulty dungeon.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:52 am

The RNG loves me. Shame it was the den of danger.

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Wow. Nice RNG. Did you actually want EM?

The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Agreed on the rogue silver. I didn't even need the warrior's pact, and I played an orc. With only one dodge. Also, Wizard bronze was already there. Try the other two.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons