[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another early one!

Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby The Avatar on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:28 pm

You know you're obsessed when you have almost hit 2000 posts. Uh oh.

As I said earlier: Don't scum. Just play each and every time to its full extent and try your hardest to win every time. You'll learn things, and you might even win when you least expect it. So just keep playing till your about to break your computer with frustration, then play a few more, and then stop. Well, that won't happen. It's not like wizard gold is even in the least bit frustrating. ;)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nandrew on Wed May 02, 2012 9:38 am

Heh, also: Wizard Gold is another dungeon that's using what I'll call the Nostalgia Monster Generator (ie. a nicer way of saying "absolutely no intelligent spawn placement").

Gold challenges are going to err on the side of difficult for a while, but that's why we're gradually moving away from them becoming "unlock walls" for items and other important stuff. For the moment, a higher priority is being given to Silver feedback.
Nandrew

Postby Joist on Wed May 02, 2012 11:39 am

Just did wizard gold. Found Mystera, Stone Heart and PISORF at spawn. Used WEYTWUT for positioning as I didn't find ENDISWAL. Killed the Meat Man first since I couldn't find the Iron Man.

Recon this strat could be a scumless win in Namtar?

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm

I already have my PISORF Namtar Wizard, down, so it definitely works.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm

"PISORF" and "scumless" do not mix, since there is no way to ensure this glyph will spawn in.

I'm sure there are broken PISORF strategies revolving around rock heart that haven't been nailed yet simply because the centerpiece must be scummed for, or else the entire strategy falls apart.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 pm

@Darvin: Yeah I know, but it's pretty close

@Avatar: Cool, I might see if I can get it down reliably and if I can I'll put up a guide.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah, That's why they should put up a glyph locker IMO. You can't get a reliable PISORF or ENDISWALL. They are both extremely important glyphs in certain scenarios, so it's kind of annoying. On the other hand they could have a glyph shop, which would be very akin to an apothecary, that would sell 4-5 of the glyphs that haven't spawned picked at random. They would be 0 CP, and there would be a way to make the shop start near you. (New Bazaar prep? Replace Shop Scroll?)

The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Thu May 03, 2012 2:26 am

OK, more tests with mage plate

Elf wizard with mage plate and mystera prepped on Havendale Bridge. Hit somewhere around 42 mana (pendant, heroes' helm and elven boots from shops) and -105% attack bonus without trying too hard : p... it was interesting not being able to melee popcorn but the whole shebang worked out pretty well.

Actually think with this combo, if you're going elf that conversion scroll isn't a terrible choice (since it means your first glyph is worth 2 mana rather than 1 - mostly an opportunity sacrifice in case a battlemage ring or something comes up)
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 3:05 am

I haven't figured out how it's different from it's first form. Anyone know?

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons