[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another early one!

Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby Blovski on Thu May 03, 2012 4:21 am

Blovski

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 am

Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu May 03, 2012 5:38 am

Joist

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 6:01 am

And even if it is there, you still have to find it first.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu May 03, 2012 6:05 am

I was using the Glyph:Defend. There's about a 50% chance of PISORF spawning and about a 50% chance of ENDISWAL spawning so that's only about a 37.5% chance of getting PISORF through Glyph:Defend.

I'm easily bored and gave up.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 6:55 am

It's lower than 50%, and if you're not a wizard the odds are even worse.

I strongly believe the PISORF/Rock Heart is abusable and likely blatantly broken, but like you I just don't have the patience to scum to get this strategy off the ground.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 am

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 pm

That's probably a bug. I don't think Binlor's supposed to be a better caster god than Mystera.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm

It's not a bug, it's an exploit. Just exploiting the fact that Binlor breaks walls when you take his boons and Rock Heart gives you mana for breaking walls.

Someone mentioned the strat a few weeks ago, I don't remember who though. Googled it, it was Incompetent.

I agree it's an exploit that should be patched.
Joist

Postby Malow on Thu May 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Nice one, I thought that Pisorf + Wizard + Rock Heart was good, but with Binlor it's really Powerful!

I have a different opinion on these killer combos though. First, it won't work in all levels. Naga City and Dragon Isle are not really possible with that strategy, Gaan is not as well. So the 3 hardest dungeons are not really affected. All Hard and lower difficulties dungeons are "easy", they can be completed by pretty much any player who's not aware of that combo.

I don't feel that such synergy between items, classes and gods should be nerfed. Maybe it's just me, but that's the kind of thing I like in a game, finding combos. I mean, it's just one class out of 15 to try.

It's not like the Tri-sword that was becoming a no-brainer prep, when it costed nothing. Every class was using it.

I think the same thing about the combo that involved the Orc Transmuter + Binlor.
Malow

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons