Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby gjaustin on Thu May 03, 2012 1:44 pm

I wouldn't mind if they nerfed that combo by reducing the amount of walls that Binlor destroys. I'm not a fan of the fact that the boons weaken themselves by using up the resource (walls) that they depend on.

I'd especially love it if the boons CREATED walls instead.

Edit: Making his first boon destroy walls instead of create them would leave the combo, but make it the actual use of the boon instead of it being useless like it is currently.
gjaustin

Postby Malow on Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Just wanted to post this, following the Rock Heart discussion.

There was no Rock Heart involved in the following image. I started with the idea of testing Rock Heart, but it didn't spawn. So I had Binlor prepared, and I worshipped him all long, even if it gave no real benefit. This was purely done with Fireball, and I didn,t have the item that gives +1 dmg.

Malow

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Not really surprised. A conversion-happy elf wizard with a crystal ball can damage spike for quite a bit of damage. If you hit 25 mana, had a mid-battle level up, a fully-charged crystal ball, and four mana potions, you're looking at about 25 fireballs. Even a level 1 character (reaching level 2 mid-fight) would easily deal 300 damage with this onslaught, more than enough to tackle the first two bosses with resources left over for the final boss.

Any level with multiple low-durability bosses is easy prey to these kinds of damage spiking antics.
Darvin

Postby Malow on Thu May 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Crystal Ball, forgot about it. With Mysteria I would have had 30 mana.

2 Shadenfreude = 60 mana, crystal ball = 60 mana, 4 mana = 48 mana, mid battle level up: 30

We're talking about 45 fireballs, or 900 damages on lvl 5 with no fireball enhancement. Sorry, never realised that before :)
Malow

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 pm

You should see it with Mystic Balance Assassins. With swift hands, they're not limited to a single mid-battle level-up, and with APHEELSIK as their starter glyph rather than BURNDAYRAZ they have an easier time getting momentum at lower levels. Wizards are great and all, but Assassins are the real masters of magic in practice.

I've been running fireball spammers since the (old) Fire Heart was introduced. Back then it was Bloodmage with Fire Heart or use a different glyph...
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Yeah, Assassin's can spike MASSIVE amounts of damage if they abandon all things melee. We're talking beating the matron, who can tank 2,800 or so damage.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

You do want the piercing wand if you're going to do that to the Matron.

Anyways, nothing says "smoking crater in the ground" quite like an Elf Assassin with loads of mana, two schadenfreudes, lots of popcorn, and a fully-charged crystal ball.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Hmm... Anyone beat Namtar with this? I would be considerably difficult with the counter fireball, but I suppose with a whupaz and reflex it would work if you converted your Mage Plate.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 pm

You'd go as an assassin, yeah? You can use all those dark tiles for regen/melee/apheelsik shenanigans.

Is counter fireball his last form? I forget.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 am

No, the one before that, which unfortunately does more than one damage. Also, what's REALLY annoying is that Nammy's second (123 damage or so) for has 50% magic resists. They really should make the first two form's resists 30% when they nerf the dungeon.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons