Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Nice job! Try wizard or Paladin Gold. They're much trickier.

I just found a very viable vamp strat. Grab Platemail and get Drac for 3 more life steal and 40 DR. That get's you 4 Lifesteal and 50 DR. That is enough to survive a hit from every Naga City boss (excluding Bleaty) and easily be able to life steal some more!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lagmalix on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm

That wizard gold is so annoying. Pure scumming for right glyphs & items combo.
Lagmalix

Postby Blovski on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Hm, that mage plate is good, maybe too good for pure caster types - I mean, I just did the spellcaster assassin thing in hard Halls of Steel to complete my trophy set...

Preps:

Elf Assassin, burndayraz magnet, Mystera, mage plate, compression, shadenfreude

Shopping:

crystal ball

Result:

horror. unspeakable horror.

At least +5 mana from elf conversions (4 glyphs, an item or a couple of redundant potions), +2 from mystera at least, use mystera to lower resistance and mystic balance, +1/level from mage-plate, +2 I think from boosters? (not sure precisely)

Means you can hit 25 at level 6 without very much effort or planning at all... and you can probably bounce up to 30 by level 10.

On the plus side, it does at least promote a slightly faster levelling strategy for elf assassins rather than the high-exploration/huge-catapult thing they normally go for.
Blovski

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Wow. You got a crystal ball too! That's really cruel to the monster.

Here's my recommendation for scumming: Play it all the way through whether you get what you wanted or not. It shows you whether you REALLY need what your scumming for or you just aren't approaching it right. Heck I was scumming for HALPMEH on my winning run and I didn't even find it. Just make the most of what you get and don't focus too much on getting one thing, because it doesn't just guarantee a win. I made that mistake, and it sucks when you spent an hour scumming for something and when you get it you lose anyways.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Malow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Anyone can enlighten me on the Monk Gold Challenge? I'm not too sure how I am supposed to be doing 2600+ damages

And I don't like the Monk :P
Malow

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Did you beat the new Silver, or had you already beaten it previously?

Anyways, for super duper meat man you need an RBS, HP->ATK, a Can of Whupaz, and a hell of a lot of regen tiles. Skip the RBS if you take JJ.

EDIT: Just tried Silver and won on a scouting run. Yeah, the gold is much harder, although I've beaten it before.

The Avatar

Postby Malow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Just realised that no, I didn't really do the Monk Challenge: It's the one that I tried and that even if I failed, it was marked as completed. I should re-do it, but well... I'm so not liking the monk.

Still not sure how I am supposed to beat the gold. Monk's damage is SO SMALL! What preps do you use? tri-Sword? Also, RBS might not be needed if you find a Byceps glyph. How does JJ helps not using RBS ? At what level do you start fighting the boss? Really, I'm clueless. And then you add all these enemies that are poisonous, corrosive, weakening and resist down... Which race do you take?
Malow

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:23 pm

Okay calm down. Just calm down.

Orc Monk, prep Platemail (40 or so DR makes the boss really easy), Extra Subdungeon, Either Taurog (For better damage) or JJ (Chaos Avatar lowers monster resistances by 20%), HP->Attack, Preservance Badge, Whupaz, Burn Salve/Fortitude Tonic, Schadenfruede, and Compression Seal. You should be able to out regen meat men twice your level. If you find HALPMEH it is a huge help. Avoid getting any permanent Debuffs, and hope you get an easy random monster (Like Gorgons). Fight the boss around level 7 (6 is risky but doable if your saving a good amount of tiles by choosing not to level up, then do it, 8 is great, assuming you're not wasting too many tiles.) Save LEMISI if you find it, and slowly whittle the bosses hp down. Try to get a mid-fight level up.

The Avatar

Postby Malow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Ok, I'll try! But Getting 40 DR involves using the Platemail bug :P
Malow

Postby The Avatar on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Exactly! Anyways, I just did it, converting Platemail at level 7 for 33 DR (Counting Taurogs shield) I finished with about a third of the dungeon covered. It was incredibly easy. Basically just use all non-debuffers to level up (Gelatinous Things, Goo Blobs, and your random monster). I got wraiths, so that was unfortunate.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons