[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Another early one!

Another early one!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Another early one!

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:01 pm

It must have somehow ended up as --X instead of -X or +-X. Lucky us! Hurry and get your arena cash price while you can!

Anyone have any luck with Rogue, Wizard or Paladin Gold? I know how I should beat it, I'm just too lazy...

EDIT: Just beat the rogue gold. It's not nice. You basically have to scum until you get Binlor really near the entrance. Take Stone Form and save the rest of your piety, because you'll need it. Get over 50 hp, and get 65% resist through ENDISWALL. You can now tank one shot. Use a mid fight level up and use Stone Skin to get back your resists and might. Use potions till your hp gets over 50, etc. If you find a CYDSTEPP glyph, as I did, it is really helpful, although I ended up not needing it for the boss. Hope you dodge once or twice, buy all damage items (The Badge of Couradge is incredibly valuable), and use wall destroyers if you run out of piety with Binlor during the fight. It is also worth saving a WEYTWUT glyph to get first strike on the boss.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Slimeria on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:04 am

Slimeria

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:11 am

I played a Goblin, and I had to convert it for a level up. (Believe me, that was not a happy experience at the time), and thenI noticed he was doing about half as much as he used to. I looked at my DR and it had doubled. Then I just put 2 and 2 together and found the answer (in addition to 4).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby q 3 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:14 am

q 3

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:36 am

Wizard gold is BRUTAL. Ever since they got rid of the old AA's this level has become almost impossible. I say they put the Alpha AA's in that dungeon, and call them Alphanated Armors. I haven't bothered trying Paladin Gold, but it looks like you'll need to use the low piety to go crazy on greenblood, because the cost is 4(+2) for Paladins, which is actually a good deal.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:23 am

Earthmother Paladins? Really? Tikki Tooki, Dracul, and Binlor would all have made more interesting Paladin deities for challenges, IMO.

Anyways, I think you were overreacting about Rogue Gold. I found Binlor half-way through exploration and still coasted to victory with resources to spare. It's stumbling around with limited wall-crushers before you find Binlor that's a problem.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 am

True, I was just frustrated, as the past 20 or so times I got stuck at level 2 with only level 5+ monsters. What level did you fight the boss? I had to fight at level 7, so I ended up only being able to tank 2 extra shots had I needed to. There's no more annoying thing than getting 2 level 8 and 9 AA's...

The Avatar

Postby Joist on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 am

These new challenges require phenomenal amounts of scumming. It's a huge pain in the arse going back to the level selection screen and then selecting all your gear again and then going back in.

I just don't find it fun at all.

Why isn't there a "reset level with same preps" button inside the level? I have +40k gold I can afford the darn preps.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:39 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons