Happy Ending

All things Desktop Dungeons

Happy Ending

Postby Malow on Fri May 04, 2012 12:00 am

So, I was testing out an Elf Wizard in the Vicious Halls of Steel to see if it would be possible to fireball the hell out of everyone. Didn't have much hope but my previous testings were encouraging. I did not do the Vicious dungeons a lot of times, so I didn't remember that there were 2 bosses... So when I saw them, I was wondering how I could remove 50 layers of death protection and kill a 1000+ HP monster with fireballs. Anyway I tried...

No... you're not SERIOUS. I'm at ONE hit from being successful! NOOOO! Now if I had taken a screenshot 1 minute before, I would be at 4 piety, worshipping Binlor. You'll see on the image that I have a dodge chance, which is at... 10%. I desecrated Mysteria, which gave me enough piety to convert all enemies left (there were quite a few) into stone, putting me around 60 piety, just enough to convert and get teh Dodge from Tikki Tooki. Now, I had 10% chance to win this level...

W00t!! That was sooo lucky! Share your Happy Endings! :)

Malow

Re: Happy Ending

Postby Picotrain on Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 am

Nicely done! The best moments in this game are when it seems like losing is inevitable and you pull off a win.
Picotrain

Postby Joist on Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 am

If you want a third win try a Halfling Priest Tri-Sword with Bear Mace(prevents blink and does extra death protection damage) and Binlor (for magic resist).

edit: Just made sure this still works, it does. Just start fighting Blahblah at level 6, use WHUPAZ and reflex, get a level up and use up as many health pots as needed. Just keep knocking him into empty tiles so he doesn't blink.

Then start fighting Indom at level 7 with this pattern for removing death protections: melee removes 1, knockback into another enemy removes another, then fireball, then hit something else to trigger the burning. I only needed one Burn Salve and I still had about 5 pots in the chamber. You should be abel to regen like 5-6 tiles between attacks which is insane.

For Binlor, take Stone Form (best wall/magic resist ratio) then as many Stone Hearts as the level will let you. Save the walls in the Smuggler's Den, there's 24 walls in there for enough piety to hit level 10 if you need it. Otherwise try to convert out ASAP. Should get you near 40% magic resist.

Prep +1 Glyph. It's a no-brainer really because there are a lot of good glyphs that help this combo, APHEELSIK, CYDSTEPP, HALPMEH and WEYTWUT are all good.

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 04, 2012 2:30 am

Don't we all love lucky dodges? For my first Matron rogue run I ran out of resources at about 600 or so hp. 4 dodges and a first strike FTW! I swear there's something up with the dodge randomizer. I got like 3 dodges before that.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Malow on Fri May 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Thanks Joist, it worked (I don,t fully understand why actually), and I didn't have Binlor. I tried it before your edit, and I was like, "Halfling Priest? There is only one kind of creature that is an undead, and only one boss out of two is, but anyway, I will try." And it worked, so thank you :P thank unlocked the Vampire.

I just had another happy ending: I BEAT THE GAME!! :) :)

Malow

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Nice! What strategy? Alchemist scroll?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Fri May 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Actually, on a dwarf rogue that much HP is doable at level 10 with a sensation stone prep, saving you the potions and gold for other things. Other races would certainly need the scroll to reach those heights, but a dwarf should have easily breached 200 with the scroll.
Darvin

Postby Malow on Sat May 05, 2012 3:32 am

I started with a Dwarf Rogue (obviously) and a tri-sword, elite items, HP -> attack, and Translocation scroll.

At level 2 I found an alchemist scroll, and used my 4 mana pots and another one for +40 HP. Then I converted it because I wanted my money for the tri sword.

I was only killing higher level mobs, so I left like, over 15 mobs on the top floor. Then I went down, it was easy, I kept fireball glyph and often, with the massive HP and one fireball, I could kill pretty much all enemies. I ended on the 4th or 5th floor on Tikki Tooki, worshiped him, and started killing all the top level mobs for piety, and I took 2 boons : The Health to reflex + dodge pots and the extra 10% dodge. I continued going down until I arrive at the level I never beat before that: the damn animated armors... And I didn't remember they did SO MUCH damage. So I began to think, calculate things, and finally converted to Dracul, getting one level of life steal, 5% blood pools for extra piety. Then I realised I did a mistake and had only 6 piety left, and I absolutely needed more health and 15% magic resist...

So I converted what I had, enough for 2 levels or dwarf HP. Which allowed me for 4 blood pools piety gain: 12 piety. Then I used my money to buy the 3 health pots (thanks to elite items!!) And converted 5 pots for 25 piety, enough for 15% resist all! YEAH.

I started bashing the animated armors, using blood pools and dark tiles. I was able to beat them all, I couldn't believe it! From there it was really easy to get to the final level, and I ended with 2 levels of life steal, and 20% health from blood pools, 15% resist all. Then I see the final boss. NO... NOT FIVE THOUSANDS HP??? Still had my Whupaz, so that's a big 1250 hit. Then I used my calculator, and found I needed at least 52 hits. That's a lot of hits :P

I had enough blood pools left (over 30!) and that gave me enough piety for 4 full heal from Dracul to kill the boss. Thanks to the 30% dodge chance! 30% dodge with 2 levels of life steal give 2 more attacks from 2 dodges with a full health bar :)

Happy ending! :D
Malow

Return to Desktop Dungeons