One for the beginners

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: One for the beginners

Postby Malow on Wed May 09, 2012 3:59 am

Yep pretty standard run! Just shows the strengths of the Vampire :D

I will try other Vicious dungeons in the next days, I was trying Namtar just now and it's really hard. But actually I realised that I never succeeded Namtar so I don't event know what the level looks like after the 2nd form of Namtar :P

I also tried a couple of times Gaan. Not much you can do except if you get the AA at lvl 8 or 9, and even then...

Dragon Isles was not too hard because no boss had physical resists. As soon as a boss has like 50%, it kind of reduce your life steal by half as well. That's what could make a Vampire run a failure.
Malow

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Ugh, I forgot about that. That's just SUPER annoying. Well, that rules out Gaan, but Avatar and Kinisssch could be possible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Wed May 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Physical resists and obscene damage seems to completely destroy the vampire.

Also, now that vampires can no longer stack lifesteal from Dracul can we finally get a blood hunger buff? I occasionally use the first level, but the cost and double-edge are so steep that it's rare, and I never purchase the second level.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Unless you have no resists. But even then it costs to much.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 am

Anyone seen the new Hitball? It gives you potions.

Actually, Hitball is an okay find these days simply because the in-dungeon economy is so stingy.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 10, 2012 3:35 am

One thing I've noticed about Hitball is that the opponents are relatively easier if you tackle it at lower levels. Since most of my early comments were with respect to tackling it at level 8 or 9, where the subdungeon is positively murder and there are no surface-level tiles left to explore, I think I was overly harsh on it. Still needs to be unexplored because it's at high risk of being a useless subdungeon, but definitely not in the same league as Ying/Yang.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 am

Actually, the second guy at level one has 19 hp. That is practically warlord only. Or someone with Taurog.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 am

Never attempted it at level 1. Perhaps there's a sweet spot in the 3-4 range?
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Thu May 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Probably. Although one is great if you are Orc or have a fine sword. Or platemail.

The Avatar

Postby trevor1332 on Thu May 10, 2012 4:29 pm

How do i get a password to play the beta
trevor1332

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons