[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - One for the beginners

One for the beginners

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: One for the beginners

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 04, 2012 11:42 pm

How does it work? Anyone tried priest silver? What's the item.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 12:19 am

How does what work?

Priest silver is medium difficulty. The boss is a Zombie with 2222 health, no special effects. I used CYDSTEPP and GETINDARE + a health potion to take down mobs I could 4 hit for some nice level catapulting. I bought the martyr wraps and a fine sword. Then just mashed his face at level 7 with a mid-battle level up to level 8. It was close though, I had like 2 health pots left and a glyph to convert. You can prep pots and shops. I took reflex quicksilver whupaz and quest items.

Item is Stone Sigil. Interesting, but I don't think I'd ever prep it.

Last edited by Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joist

Postby Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 1:20 am

Heh, so Priest Gold is hilariously broken. Standard maze level with guaranteed Pactmaker next to spawn and you start with the Stone Sigil.

I run it the first time, halfling priest as usual, and come up against these guys. 3 of them.

So I think "Hmm, how to beat these guys". If you find ENDISWAL and take Warrior Pact from pactmaker, with 65% resist you need ~157 to tank them. Doable, considering you are getting 11 hp per level with boosters and priest. So I try it and I get to 153 health and run out of dark tiles to charge ENDISWAL with.

Then I go "Hey, dwarf would work well" so I try a dwarf run. I'm at level 5 when I find CYDSTEPP and go "oh. that's easier".

Then I win.

I imagine CYDSTEPP will be disabled for that level in the next patch so get your wins now ;)
Joist

Postby Blovski on Sat May 05, 2012 1:36 am

The thief silver has *horrible* RNG issues. Maybe it's just that the level 2s are so few but my attempts to do it have ended up with me not finding one until I'm mostly explored. Brrrrrr.
Blovski

Postby Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 am

Yep, I'd put Thief Silver in the "Unbeatable except for Avatar and maybe Darvin" category.
Joist

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 05, 2012 1:51 am

Hah! That's a joke. Piercing wand or CYDSTEPP. They both should be disabled.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 1:58 am

Shops are disabled.

Even if they weren't the UI won't let you cast a spell at a 100% magic resist mob so Piercing Wand wouldn't work anyway :)
Joist

Postby Blovski on Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 am

Blovski

Postby Joist on Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 am

If you do beat it, can you elaborate on your strategy and preps for the slower members of the community? (ie me)

Cheers.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Sat May 05, 2012 3:14 am

Haven't had too many games, but I will say one thing about the new Vampire: bring Patches. He's still immune to mana burn and poison, and now he'll benefit from the resistances (quite handsomely!)
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons