[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - A problem of metagame

A problem of metagame

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: A problem of metagame

Postby Darvin on Mon May 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Darvin

Postby Joist on Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Joist

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Sorry, I was in a rush and I'm on low sleep. Didn't really think that one over.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Sidestepper

Postby gjaustin on Mon May 14, 2012 8:49 pm

gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon May 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Darvin

Postby Bloggorus on Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 pm

Having shops with multiple items hadn't occurred to me, its a great idea.

One of the gold sink things could be heavily upgrading Bezaar to have one and then many shops hold three items to choose from. This would add the complexity and strategy that veterans crave without alienating new players.
Bloggorus

Postby Lujo on Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 pm

I really can't see there being more than 2 items per shop at best. 3 per sho would give 3X more possible items per run and then you might as well scrape the item locker as a concept :D

I still sort of feel like 3 regular, 2 with 2 items and one "mall" (3,4 items?) sounds bets to me, allthough everyone'd be scumming for the mall, the greedy powergamers that we all are...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Bloggorus on Mon May 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Bloggorus

Postby Bloggorus on Mon May 14, 2012 11:45 pm

On the subject of the gold sink ideas...

I think we need something to provide incentive beyond gold in the endgame. A meta-economy of dungeon interaction much like the one suggested by Sidestepper is a great idea.

I would like to see investments in class houses and guild become actual investments. They return income, but only small amounts if they go ignored. Finish more dungeons with different races and classes and income will increase. That way players can build and actual ' economy', rewarding them with income for their hard work rather than rewardign them for grinding (which can get tedious).

Unlocking a dungeon completely could unleash a harder version, much like VHOS. That progression is unique, very effective and should be repeated across all the dungeons.
Bloggorus

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons