Seal balance

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Seal balance

Postby Lujo on Fri May 11, 2012 9:04 am

I just had a flash of briliance, or rather, I believe I just had a flash of briliance.

How about they buff it back up but make it a - Lvl 3 Alch prep :)

That way you can't get both it and the seal, and you can still prep an item on top of it.

Tell me where I'm wrong.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 11, 2012 11:39 am

It's not a seal. Perhaps if they changed it to a purple seal worth 300 points, then yes.

Also, it removes even the slightest incentive to take the conversion seal. Other than the two issues, it's GREAT!
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Make it count as a seal, that's easy to fix.

And as for the second thing - make the scroll really cheap, and the stone really expensive to prep and bob's your uncle. That'd also fix the "do I prep this or not issue", but it aught to be really expensive.
Lujo

Postby gjaustin on Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Lujo wrote:I just had a flash of briliance, or rather, I believe I just had a flash of briliance.

How about they buff it back up but make it a - Lvl 3 Alch prep :)

That way you can't get both it and the seal, and you can still prep an item on top of it.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

That would be a pretty massive buff across the board. It would be as much of a no brainer as prepping Whupaz.
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Fri May 11, 2012 4:58 pm

1) how does the elf extra conversion benefits work in relation to the burndayraz "sweet spots" for pure casters? As in, the math.

Conveniently, every 5 MP is one extra fireball (presuming Mystic Balance) and 2 extra MP from potions. So a sensation stone (4 MP) is just short of one "notch" in that regard, and we can almost completely ignore thresholds in this analysis.

Given that conversion-heavy elves have significant regen issues, I'm actually not concerned with this combo at all.

The way it is/was was really counter intuitive...

Maybe add to its description text "This would look great in my locker!"

That would be a pretty massive buff across the board. It would be as much of a no brainer as prepping Whupaz.

It would have to stay at its current 150 value, and it'd be fairly well-balanced against the translocation scroll. That would still require a complete rework on the other seals, though...
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri May 11, 2012 6:29 pm

True about the other scrolls, but I'd say that's a good place to put it, and a fine thing to put in the alch lvl3 slot...
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri May 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Well, that settles it. It definitely should work that way.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri May 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Ok, so if the devs decide it's a fine idea and implement it, yadda, yadda, fingers crossed that they do, they should make it a crminaly expensive prep to emulate the "relockering" effect. Or not considering the new economy.

What about the other scrolls, where are we with all that?
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri May 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Well, if Sensation Stone becomes an alchemist prep then the conversion seal is utterly redundant and should be axed. Transmutation Seal would probably be fine if we got a stack of them rather than a single one for the prep.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am

How about 3, costing 11 apiece?

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons