[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Postby Tinker on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:55 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:54 am

Decided on making an attempt at VGT with platemail+RBS+patches vampire today given the large amount of free time I found myself with. Was doing pretty well in managing curses and popcorn, and got to the 8th floor relatively hassle free. Had 8 levels of sanguine thanks to an early sensation stone and bridge troll find, and felt confident about getting to Horatio. Though my bloodcows were low levelled, it was easy to get life off of them, and I was prepared to have my first successful run.

Then RNG rolled the bloodless floor.

By this point, spiking down 5 vicious lvl 10s was impossible, as I now one-shotted my blood cows and had relatively few bloodpools due to a large undead population on the tower floor.

Sad, sad moment.
The Tapir

Postby Astral on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:26 am

Haven't tried Vampire there yet, but if it's anything like VT GT, then Yendor/Titan Guitar are better preps. But keep patches for sure.

Yendor let's you preserve close to all your bloodcows for the marathon (saves some blackspace as well), and Titan Guitar is able to uprgrade popcorn/make bonus xp.

I kinda dislike DS/Platemail/RBS on vampires. DS isn't meaningful when your only source of resistances is Patches, and the slowness from Platemail/RBS hurts more than helps. If you're swift you can leverage dings to deal with troublesome foes and curse doesn't hurt you. Cydstep, my favorite vampire glyph only works well if you're unslowed. You can also benefit from Getindare this way.

When I play vampires I like prepping all sorts of attack boosters for them, this way I can support more lifesteal and as a result reduce more damage from foes. The higher damage also means I have to hit bloodless enemies less times.

Some luck is required, if your lvl 7s and 6s are bad bloodcows it's better to reroll than suffer for long and still lose in the end. Goo Blobs are very good bloodcows at mid-low levels, they still hit weak and the 50% resistance let's them survive your blows.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby The Tapir on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:49 pm

The Tapir

Postby Astral on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:21 pm

If you do bring the RBS then low-mid level Goos become oneshottable so you can't use them any longer.

It's true that RBS is fantastic against Horatio, but carrying it makes you so inflexible that the resources you waste about make up for it. So far in my runs I found that saving up your resources is more important than being able to peel off some of his resistances.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:22 am

VGT with a Vampire can be screwed by a late bloodless level. If you get it early, it's almost inconsequential because of relative abundance of blood and lower punch of the monsters.

I would prepare Dragon Shield and Patches for the Vampire. Stacking up your own resistances are more important when facing higher damage output than trying to go for DR; or than reducing Horatio's resistance for that matter. RBS can still be viable especially if you chance upon a Platemail in one of your stores; however, the best scenario is to skip RBS/Platemail completely, and chance upon BYSSEPS to wear down H's resists in the safe phase :)
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am

I've gotten the flame over Rock Garder for the third consecutive time... I normally get the flame (and PQI as well) back at the same place I just finished, but three times?
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Altar preparation:

Tinker

Postby Tinker on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:26 pm

Altar Preparation 2:

(Exhibit A: Tikki Tooki altar spawning just next to entrance. Exhibit B: Taurog altar spawning just next to other side of entrance. Exhibit C: missing 6th inventory slot, courtesy of having prepped JJ.)

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm

That generator is usually always going to do that. I'm pretty sure that the large open field is actually trees when the game is placing certain things and only gets opened up afterwards to prevent it being mobbed with monsters.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons