[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Just Lovely - (Screenshots of getting screwed by random)

Postby Nic on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:25 am

I was ready for a mediocre Naga City attempt. The game was ready for much more.

Always bring some means to break walls.
Nic

Postby Astral on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:44 pm

That's a hillarious screwover :D

For a long a time I didn't understand why people recommend removing the Labirynth from the PQI rotation.
Then I got a hoarder goblin monk, and I tried to make it easy with a Titan guitar:

Destroying the walls only solved half of the problem, the awkward monster positioning still made me waste a huge amont of blackspace. My only glyph was Imawall for a long time and that truly annoyed me. Second one? Cydstepp.
I also enjoyed how my only altar was Pm for too long, and eventuly I had to take consensus and the resist pack without another god.
But the best is how the only really useful item (poison dagger) was sitting in the corner with the 2 glyphs.
Are you wondering why SMM is at full health? Before that my char was so weak regenfighting it was pointless.

Luckily I did kill Meatman with my remaining blackspace, but to beat Rex I had to join GG, and my poison strike forced me to convert the dagger and fail the PQI :/
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:07 pm

^ The Labyrinth is a sinonym for "getting screwed by random". It's also the main reason why I don't really consider the Titan Guitar as broken as it theoretically is. I mean I consider it a lol cheat item, but it's amazing how a map like the Labyrinth, where the walls are the obvious screwup factor gets disorienting without them. As impactful as the thing is it really is a "remove ludicrous obstacle" rather than "concrete advantage" item. Sorta.

Oh, and I'm a big "get the Labyritnth out of your PQI asap any means necessary" advocate. It's a fun dungeon in a way, and certainly challenging if you don't cheeze it with direct counters (and sometimes even then), but truly random skillshot missions in there are quite a pain. Heck, the original Berserker run you have to do in there to unlock Dragon Isles is probably the hardest non-vicious run in the game. Or at least way up there.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:31 am

Re: Labyrinth: Tell me about it. Beating it with the Goatperson was harder than with the Vicious Token. Ended up getting lucky by finding Wonafyt by the start along with Jörmungandr as my second boss. I barely won too.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Kestrel on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:24 pm

While I don't mind PQI favouring less played classes and races, I wish the badges were totally random, even if Hoarder and Warmonger are doable, I find them irritating because they cut out so much of the game.
Kestrel

Postby 613 The Evil on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 pm

A crash and not a "random screw", but yeah... It was annoying. I had just quaffed 3-4 special potions, getting ready to hammer at a boss, look at that attack! And..crash. :shock: :cry: :evil:
613 The Evil

Postby dislekcia on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:06 pm

dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:23 pm

What's the best place for ENDISWAL to spawn? That's right - behind double-thick walls (to ensure one Transmutation Seal just doesn't get you there) :)

I guess, Goats are so tough, they don't need no stinking glyphs :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 am

Desperate for some resists I brought in Patches for one of my last Vicious runs. I wasn't really counting on what it did - I got the Mana Burn on six out of my first seven level-ups. I was basically playing Warmonger for the majority of my game (I could cast spells on Level 1, Level 6 and as of Level 9). And of course I didn't get any resists. :) RNG can be so much fun. :twisted:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons