Economic Stability

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Economic Stability

Postby Joist on Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Sweet refreshment works with mana burn. Warlords should be able to tear it up in Dragon Isles now.
Joist

Postby Malow on Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Woohoo! :D Thanks! Back to Vampire...
Malow

Postby Darvin on Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 pm

Well, Warlords do want to have the soul orb for that scenario anyways. Still, it's nice that the boon actually will function under mana burn conditions. That affliction is too powerful and if anything needs more countermeasures so the soul orb isn't such a disproportionately valuable item if the boss mana burns you.
Darvin

Postby Joist on Fri May 11, 2012 10:54 pm

They do. I can beat it prepping Soul Orb (Is that still unavailable for new accounts) but his damage is low. Getting to matron is easier prepping Tri-S, pretty confident I can do it as a no-scum run.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Some temporary measure to unlock Soul Orb and Venom Ward is necessary. Those are two of the best items in the game. Low-cost, versatile, and high conversion.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 12:08 am

Yeah, I wish it would be unlockables for my testing profile.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 am

Okay, so the locker lobby increases in price by a factor of 10 when you purchase it. Because of this, you need to buy nine bank upgrades before you can possibly save up for the second locker lobby. This means you need to accumulate 560000 gold in total for the second locker lobby. If that formula holds up, then the third locker lobby will cost you 1 million, meaning you will need to buy 99 bank upgrades. For all intents and purposes, this means the second locker lobby is the last.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 3:38 am

I don't know, I play a TON of DD. I personally think that your Bank should also work like the locker in terms of cap and cost of the next cap.

Oh yeah, the first exploration puzzle gives you a black screen, just like the tutorial did.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sat May 12, 2012 4:02 am

I guess this technically fills the role of a gold sink, but somehow it feels so unsatisfying compared to just winning a new class/race combination and getting a max gold increase to take in dungeon or something.

Edit: Really, except for a couple of us who play DD WAY too much, what's the actual use of a max Kingdom gold increase anyway outside of buying the OTHER actual useful gold sink, the extra Locker space? It's just a double unlock system.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 4:08 am

I agree, especially how it takes 9 bank upgrades to get ONE more locker. That leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. That and the loss of my excess gold.

The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons