[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Economic Stability

Economic Stability

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Economic Stability

Postby Darvin on Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 am

Indeed; the only thing that costs more than 10k in the first place is the locker lobby.

560k net for the second locker lobby
50.5 million net for the third locker lobby
~5 billion net for the fourth locker lobby
Darvin

Postby Joist on Sat May 12, 2012 5:50 am

You know what'd be neat? If each locker upgrade only cost 10k but to unlock each upgrade all the DD players need to pool their resources.

The devs have all the saves, they could unlock the upgrades as all the gold collected by all the players hits certain totals.
Joist

Postby Darvin on Sat May 12, 2012 5:58 am

Well, first of all, "all players" is a little iffy; I'm sure there are more than a few inactive accounts, not to mention new ones being added regularly. Second of all, the final game will have an offline version which obviously cannot utilize this.
Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 11:30 am

Personally, I think just keeping the Locker at 9999 and limiting it to three or so more lockers is the way to go.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Sat May 12, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm quite enjoying clawing back my gold but I imagine it'd be less fun if you'd already badged up most of the hard dungeons... I do think the second locker upgrade is a bit silly (I mean, 20,000+10,000 for the first bank upgrade would surely be a pretty big amount for normal play anyway, then maybe +20,000 bank upgrade+30,000 locker upgrade for a third would still demand a *lot* of time while keeping the progression in the order of doubles rather than multiples of fifty).

One quibble on the challenge runs: surely the thematic point of the thief runs with no shops is gold acquisition.
Blovski

Postby Sidestepper on Sat May 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey, I come back from a long hiatus to find out that we can use our extra gold to buy more locker spaces! That's something I've been clamoring for since forever. I was hoping to also find out that Glowing Guardian had been restored to his role of the heroic redeemer, but I guess I should be grateful for what I get.

Anyways, I did some experimenting with memory hacks and the game flat out crashes if you try to buy a fourth locker space, so +3 appears to be the limit. Personally, I'd prefer a 12 space cap and a more sensible price ramp, but I get that the devs want to start out conservative and test things from there.

I like the higher prices for upgrades in general. Gold is only an interesting resource when you still have things left to buy. Once you get past the investment stage, the cost of preparations becomes trivial. Making us pay more to get the upgrades extends the period of time in which gold means something.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't like the new swamp romp/jungle beat/deep freeze/desert rose quests. The bosses don't match up with the classes, excluding the berserker one of course.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Sat May 12, 2012 7:42 pm

You MUST do them with second tier classes.

The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh, I see. Yeah, Monk is by far the worst of the three classes for dealing with BlahBlah, though Sorcerer and Rogue don't have significant troubles with those directional bosses. Dwarf Rogue will make short work of Jormungandor with little difficulty, and with his expanded mana pool the Sorcerer should have no problems nuking either Goo or Tormented One.
Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons