Economic Stability

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Economic Stability

Postby TigerKnee on Sun May 13, 2012 12:27 pm

If you already upgraded your bank to max... you just spend money as an upgrade. LOTS of money.

Incidentally, I think the max gold bank upgrade should also let you carry in more gold into dungeon. After all, in alpha you could carry in A LOT of extra gold eventually.
TigerKnee

Postby Sidestepper on Sun May 13, 2012 12:36 pm

I got offered the 2nd level bank quest after finishing my first bronze challenge, but that might have been a coincidence.

I agree that the open ended bank upgrades feel hollow if all they allow you to do is hold more cash. There isn't really a way to leverage that into anything other than... more bank upgrades. Giving a +1 adventurer gold per upgrade would be nice, but I'm also afraid of introducing a Grind2Win mechanic into the game.
Sidestepper

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 13, 2012 12:55 pm

I agree. Also, it is sort of pointless. Especially once you get the second locker, because there's no way you'll get a third.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby TigerKnee on Sun May 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Sidestepper wrote:Giving a +1 adventurer gold per upgrade would be nice, but I'm also afraid of introducing a Grind2Win mechanic into the game.

I sort of don't mind that especially since exponentially gold costs already exists as a thing. Especially since we're putting this in at the end where hopefully all our balancing is done and it's a "bonus" for people who play this game for a LONG time. No one is their right mind is going to grind 50k gold per +1 increase JUST to win a hard dungeon I hope.
TigerKnee

Postby The Avatar on Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

I think maxing out your bank at 100,00 capacity and 35 gold per run is good, and it gives you the ability to buy exactly two more lockers.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons