Incentive for trying unusual class combos

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Incentive for trying unusual class combos

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Wow, that's really good. Can't wait to try it out on a wizard.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Re: Incentive for trying unusual class combos

Postby Blovski on Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 am

I just puristed slime pits as a Goblin Assassin. Took two tries (well, three, but one of them I thought I'd try the new GG and forgot he doesn't like poison), first one I was *one hit* from beating Meatman. Second one I think I had another level up in me and a badge of courage death protection to spare (2nd post level 10 - I got weytwut early and Binlor->TT and the gold subdungeon, so got two +XP upgrades *and* to convert everything from the shops) in me just about. Unfortunately the random mooks were zombies - you're really hoping to get gorgons or something like that instead just because Slime has so little stuff a purist character (i.e. w/o venom ward, fortitude or burn potions prepped - and you'll probably want to get schadenfreude from the shop for an extra 80 damage on a boss) can afford to hit.

Anyway, it's not easy but given I got one victory and one near-victory run I think GA (or another assassin, goblins are great for purist though since you don't really have the prep power to catapult as much) would be pretty easy with preps.
Blovski

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons