Priest Gold Challenge

All things Desktop Dungeons

Priest Gold Challenge

Postby gjaustin on Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Does this challenge require as much scumming as I think it does?

I assume the solution is to play as a Dwarf, get Scholar's Pact from Pactmaker, and use ENDISWAL to get the resists needed to survive a hit.

I'm hoping that isn't the solution, as that requires an absurd amount of scumming. You have to get it setup so that you can hit level 9 (without getting trapped by the labyrinth layout) AND have ENDISWAL spawn.

Is there an easier way?
gjaustin

Re: Priest Gold Challenge

Postby Nurator on Mon May 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Thats nearly the solution I used. But its not THAT hard... just remember that you can use ALL your resources against mobs. The bosses are onehits then ;-) Btw you need 158 life to survive a hit with full resist.

Thats really reasonable with a dwarf priest with a WARRIOR pact! Just get to to 158 life^^ i killed them at lvl 7 i think.
Nurator

Postby gjaustin on Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Nurator wrote:Thats nearly the solution I used. But its not THAT hard... just remember that you can use ALL your resources against mobs. The bosses are onehits then ;-) Btw you need 158 life to survive a hit with full resist.

Thats really reasonable with a dwarf priest with a WARRIOR pact! Just get to to 158 life^^ i killed them at lvl 7 i think.

Ahh, Warrior Pact. I had focused on Scholar's Pact because it provides the Might boost for the resists, but that doesn't matter does it?

So then I guess the question is whether it's easier to use Scholar's Pact and kill an enemy at each level up of 7/8/9 or to use Warrior's Pact to just get 158. Probably the latter.

Does ENDISWAL always spawn on the level? That would eliminate my biggest concern.
gjaustin

Postby Nurator on Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

it always does :) no worry^^
Nurator

Postby TigerKnee on Mon May 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Speaking of overtuned challenges, is there some other trick to Thief Silver, but if you don't find the level 2 guards before you reveal too much of the map, you're kind of screwed for that one? I beat it on like my 3rd try but it seems very dependant on where the level 2 spawns.
TigerKnee

Postby gjaustin on Mon May 21, 2012 6:27 pm

TigerKnee wrote:Speaking of overtuned challenges, is there some other trick to Thief Silver, but if you don't find the level 2 guards before you reveal too much of the map, you're kind of screwed for that one? I beat it on like my 3rd try but it seems very dependant on where the level 2 spawns.

Nope, it's basically dumb luck.

At least as of Friday you only need to find one attack boost to be able to kill the guards. Before you needed two of them!
gjaustin

Postby Darvin on Mon May 21, 2012 6:40 pm

They've added a chest that drops LEMMISI on Thief Silver, which can be used to help narrow down your search. Unfortunately, this only reduces your scumming slightly since it's still very unlikely to peg the monsters you're actually looking for.
Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Darvin wrote:They've added a chest that drops LEMMISI on Thief Silver, which can be used to help narrow down your search. Unfortunately, this only reduces your scumming slightly since it's still very unlikely to peg the monsters you're actually looking for.

Not if you use it to reveal monsters and then swap with the furthest one from spawn that you've uncovered so far ;)
dislekcia

Postby The Avatar on Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Wow, that's interesting! I better try that out now.
JakshdfFiha$#jaigb532i97fbnPKASN*@)sdjbau9a0)f+,Ahghs*hr)sk_sabdh^ujsbUA3{mvio/~dgffdsT^klndf,#ikon%(d

I speak chaos.
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Mon May 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Not if you use it to reveal monsters and then swap with the furthest one from spawn that you've uncovered so far

Interesting approach; I'd completely forgotten that the level 2 monsters tended to spawn on the opposite side of the dungeon, but it does raise a very important issue that most players aren't aware of this caveat and won't know where they need to be going.
Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons